“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
New York City, New York
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I brought a group of around 60 to the Ramada and was very impressed with their service. The sales lady stayed late just to greet our group and they had the keys ready for me when we checked in. The rooms were nice. They let me have the pool to ourselves after hours and BBQ in their backyard. All in all a great and uneventful stay and we will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
South Salem, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

When we got here, the room key they gave us didn't even open the door. The hallways are very dark and smell of mildew and the air conditioner in our room didn't work. The hotel is very outdated and the room wasn't the nicest thing around. The fitness center only has a treadmill and a bike, and the pool is very small and smelled of wet dog. The only nice thing was the overpriced restaurant on the premises. I would highly recommend staying anywhere but here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I recently stayed for a week-long conference at this hotel. I was initially unhappy with the choice and actually looked into staying at a "nicer" (aka more expensive) hotel and driving back and forth to the conference. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the Ramada.
The hotel is getting older and has some wear and tear, but the rooms were spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The shower was always hot and the water pressure was fine The indoor pool and fitness room were also both very nice and well-kept. There is plenty of dining and shopping in the immediate area and a gas station convenience store with a Dunkin' Donuts and Subway in walking distance.
The German restaurant on-site was also very nice and we enjoyed an authentic German meal one evening and had a nice conversation with one of the owners, Ute. They also had a really nice beer selection.
The part where the Ramada excelled, however, was the hotel staff. I have NEVER experienced a more professional hotel staff at any hotel I have ever stayed at - ever. Everyone - the manager, front desk staff, and housekeeping were not only courteous and helpful to the guests, they were also very professional, courteous, and mutually respectful of each other. My stay there was a very nice and I would definitely stay there again if in the Glens Falls area.

Room Tip: Smokrs outside entr D 1st flr-avoid unless u smoke
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Saratoga Springs, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

To put it plain and simple...this hotel is just the pitts. The hallways smell like someone is continuously cooking really bad food and the "non smoking" room we had reeked of smoke. The rooms are horribly dated and the walls are paper thin. All night long kids were in the hallway playing, screaming, slamming doors and crying until 3 a.m. The people in the room next to us had a small child that wailed all night and it sounded like the child was in our room. The beds are not comfortable. We did not get a "value for our money" at all. Way to expensive and noisy. This hotel needs a MAJOR overhaul.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

The front desk staff lacks enthusiasm and customer service skills.As far as hotel "Manager".....well perhaps that explains the front desk actions. I travel to many hotels and customer service is very important. I felt the staff was to busy using their lap tops and cell phones. When I checked in, I stood at the desk waiting, just to see the young girl sitting in the chair watching tv. Maybe thats why there were no cars in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay at.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

We were assigned this hotel by a soccer tournament. Rooms were supposed to be non-smoking. The entire hotel reeked of smoke. They think if they stick a non-smoking magnet on the door it makes the room non-smoking. They didn't even bother to remove the ashtrays.

• Stayed May 2010
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I travelled to Queensbury for business and stayed 2 nights in this hotel. The rooms are ok, clean and quite spacious. The hotel is right next to the highway so is a bit noisy however, the first night I was so tired I didnt notice. On the second night I was just drifting off to sleep at about 11pm when someone started pounding on my room window from outside (I was on the ground floor) and demanding 'is there anyone in there..'. As a solo female traveller I was really scared and immediately called reception for help, I was quite surprised when the person on the desk said they thought they knew who it probably was and would take care of it! It didnt happen again that night but I was so shaken up I didnt get much sleep anyway. In the morning when I was checking out I mentioned the incident again and the person on the front desk that morning couldnt have been less interested. I've often travelled on my own for business and can honestly say I've never been so scared - I will never stay in this hotel again. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Queensbury/Lake George? Share your experiences!