I stayed at the Days Inn Queesnbury during a weekend trip to Six Flags. I chose the hotel because of price and proximity to downtown Glens Falls. I knew it was opening weekend at Six Flags’ water park, but I didn’t know it was also the local high school’s graduation weekend, so I was surprised at how full and expensive the local hotels were. I saw the bad reviews, but I also saw that they’d recently renovated, so I gave it a shot.
The hotel is right off 87, but if you drive in through downtown Lake George, the driveway is very easy to miss. It’s not walkable to much except the restaurant next door (I didn’t eat there), a Taco Bell, and a handful of gas stations. It’s not on the trolley route, and there’s no bus service on Sundays, but I found some nice parking downtown and rode the trolley to the park, saving $18 over parking at Six Flags.
My room was recently renovated, and very nicely decorated, with a fridge, microwave, and big flat-screen TV. My only real complaints about the room were a dirty towel (the stain looked like iodine), the sole trash can, and the very weak wi-fi signal.
The service had some kinks. The continental breakfast was nothing to write home about, but it was free, and they had fresh waffles and real half and half. My husband asked the clerk if they had syrup for the waffles, and the response led to an exchange that sounded like a comedy routine. They weren’t rude, the clerk just seemed very reluctant to admit that they had no syrup. The second day, a man was drilling something into the lobby wall *during breakfast*. It was very loud, and I don’t see why that couldn’t have waited.
In summary, the Days Inn Queensbury was pleasant, clean, and very reasonably priced. I hope it lasts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently RenovatedRecently Renovated in 2013We are a great place to stay during your visit to the Queensburg-Glenn Falls area. Located within a few miles of the Saratoga and Harness Race Tracks, and the famous Lake George, we welcome you to stay with us. Use free Wi-Fi Internet access to purchase tickets or catch up on email and get going each morning with free Daybreak breakfast. After a long day of exploring the area and visiting all the wonders that our region has to offer, dine at many of the numerous restaurants around and near the hotel and then retire for the night in the comfort of your room. Recently renovated in 2013 with new guestroom televisions, microwaves, refrigerators, hair dryers, coffee makers, furniture, lamps, mattresses, bed tops, drapes, carpet, granite vanity tops and more. Nearby dining options include Carls Cafe, Sweet Basil, Lobster Pot, Shoreline Restaurant, Sandys Clam Bar, Black Watch and DJs. Mexican restaurant on site. When looking for things to do, we are close to many attractions like Lake George, Six Flags Great Escape, Lake George Outlets, Saratoga Springs, Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Civic Center and West Mountain Ski Mountains ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Days Inn Queensbury / Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- America`s Best Inn Glens Falls/Queensbury Hotel Queensbury
- Best Inn Queensbury
- Days Inn Queensbury / Lake George NY