“Affordable & Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
New Rochelle, New York
“Affordable & Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

You can tell the hotel was recently renovated and our room was perfect. We only stayed two nights but would consider for longer stays. Staff was nice and accommodating. Conveniently located near Walmart, Olive Garden, Starbucks and the mall. There are outlets within 15 minutes of the hotel; again great location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Jeanette_Joe,
Thank you for your great review! Our staff aims to please, so I'm glad to hear you were happy with your stay! Queensbury is a great location with so much to do and see all year long - I hope you can make it back again soon!
Kristen Collura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We arrived for a wedding in early March. Upon checking in, the woman (Rachel) at the desk was very friendly and went out if her way to make our stay fantastic. She madeis sure we had a quiet room. She gave us names and directions of places to see and places to dine. She remembered us throughout our stay and asked about our day. She was genuinely interested in what we did. It made us feel very welcome. Also Laura in housekeeping was the same way. She made sure we had everything we needed in the room so our stay was comfortable. She broughtis us additionalthat towels changed our clocks because of the "spring forward" time change. If I had a complaint it would be the hotel room having a pocket door for the bathroom door, it was hard to open and shut and the shampoo did not lather too well. We went to the store to pick up a travel bottle of shampoo and conditioner. The breakfasts were good with a good selection of items. I would stay here again without any question.

• Stayed March 2013
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Weehaw,
Thank you so much! We pride ourselves on our outstanding staff, and Rachel and Laura are exceptional members! The wedding guests were a pleasure to host, so I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. I have been sure to pass your super comments along. We hope to see you again should you come back to the Lake George area.
Most Sincerely,
Cicero, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was our second time staying at the Sleep Inn in Queensbury, NY and again we were very happy with our stay. The staff could not have been more accommodating. The buffet breakfast provided complimentary was very good as there was something for everyone. It is very conveniently located in a quiet area with Walmart directly across the street and Aviation Mall just down the road. It is a 5 or 10 minute drive to the center of Lake George Village where all of the action is including numerous restaurants, Five Flags amusement park, water slide park, and lots of night life with live bands. Our suite had a microwave and refrigerator and I believe every room included them. I highly recommend this hotel which is near enough to enjoy the fun, but far enough away to enjoy tranquil and quiet rest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Eyerishwoman,
I'm excited to hear that you chose to stay with us again while in our area! Thank you for reviewing us using TripAdvisor. We do have a great location between Lake George and Saratoga which makes for year-round fun. We appreciate you taking the time to leave such helpful information for our future guests and your recommendations. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area!
Yours In Hospitality,
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

What a hidden gem

Very budget friendly, newly redecorated rooms. Great location across the street from the Walmart, up the hill from Subway. On the main drag of everything.

Check in was efficient and friendly, our room was ground floor near the end. Tastefully redone, two beds, business area, wifi or wired Internet, as you wished, flat screen, great desk chair. Microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker (you have to use their system, not the traditional pot and filter basket). Bathroom had a shower only, very spacious and all we needed. If you want a tub, I think you have to do a slight upgrade where there is a whirlpool bath.

The pool was small and square, it paled in comparison to the Great Escape Lodge indoor Waterpark where we had just come from, so it would not be fair to review the pool. There was also a very basic exercise room.

Breakfast was served in the breakfast lounge near the lobby, it was large for the time of year we were there, but I can see it being a problem when the hotel is at a high capacity. It was kept extremely clean by the attendant Hot breakfast with waffle iron, cereal, oatmeal, a meat product and egg product which changes daily. We had sausages and hard boiled eggs this time, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, sweets, muffins, orange and apple juice, bread products like bagels, English muffins etc, jam, pb, cream cheese, fruit, yogurt. And I think that is all. So safe to say, you can eat a very decent breakfast before starting your day.

I would stay again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Dropusaline,
Thank you for the great review! Thank you for giving so much helpful information from a guest's perspective for our future guests! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our breakfast and our friendly staff. I will be sure to pass your review along to everyone here.
We hope to see you again soon!
Yours In Hospitality,
Montreal Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel is 5 minutes away from interstate 87 and its in a very quiet area.
Its facing the Walmart and there is a restaurant on the hotel site.
I had a room on the second floor and it looked like they just remodeled the whole hotel.
Room was very decent with 32inch flat TV and granit counter around the sink....the sink is not inside the bathroom but inthe room and there is no tub but a shower with a door.
The only thing I didnt like was that the room was smaller than an average hotel room.
The hotel had a cozy feeling and it was very clean.
Overall I had a great stay.

Room Tip: Regular rooms are on the small side but the suites are huge! It may be worth the extra buck
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Canadianguy_9,
Thank you for reviewing us! The Adirondacks are a beautiful area no matter what time of year. We couldn't agree with you more! Thank you for your room tip - our guests find it helpful to read past guest's comments when booking their stay. Our standard rooms do feature the "Sleep Signature Shower" so the jacuzzi suites are a great option for those looking for a tub and a more spacious room.
I'm glad you had a great stay and we can't wait to see you again soon!
West Hurley, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our family enjoyed a weekend stay at this hotel. It was close enough to the indoor water park and about a 10 minute drive into Lake George village. The room was clean and the staff friendly. To our surprise, there was a roomy shower stall instead of a bathtub. The beds were comfortable and was generally a quiet place. We were even able to do some laundry. This is very handy when you have young children. Downfalls... Front lobby doors are not automatic AND no hot tub.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Hilarie368,
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend in the Lake George area! Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to know that our hotel was able to accommodate your lodging needs while away with your family. Thank you for your kind comments and suggestions. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!
northeast US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Recently renovated but new furniture smell was fairly strong enough we didn't put our clothes in the wardrobe provided, otherwise, a typical, what one would expect for this type of chain hotel. Old fashioned sliding toilet/shower area door, homey, but hard for someone with arthritis or long fingernails, needs a knob of some sort. Also the sink is right at the head of one bed in our room so the person in that bed better sleep or don't wash your hands in the middle of the night.

Reservation was done through a group, so maybe that's where the ball got dropped even though I called hotel direct prior to arrival. I have a bad knee and was to be close to the stairs on the same floor as the rest of my child's team but they put us in the middle of the first floor by the pool, said there weren't any rooms available on the team floor, so I would love to know who had our room??? So, with a bad knee, and hauling stuff, we essentially were in the middle of the first floor with a distance to lobby and exit. That and the cold and the driving, made my knee scream.

Traveling as much as we do for hockey I found the place overall suitable and clean, quiet. Parking wasn't the easiest because of the location of the lot in relation to the exterior doors for unloading. It was icy, to be expected in January, but we kept running back and forth because the carts didn't work on ice (again, my knee didn't help although the "kid" tried).

Again, someone needs to look at where the ball was dropped that my child wasn't on the team floor, meaning she had to run back and forth, and I wasn't near the exit(or stairs in case the fire alarm went off) as specifically requested. I've traveled too much to know this was a glitch that shouldn't have happened and while trying to be fair, I'm annoyed about it overall because of trying to elevate my knee, walk my kid to the elevator or steps, then meet her, then stand in a rink for hours. We were there for a hockey tourney and had a long drive, so pain meds weren't an option but didn't want to end up in the ER.

Walmart across the highway - so you can easily purchase any supplies or food and UNO Pizza next door, conveniently located.

Room Tip: well, don't count on the desk to follow your request, somehow having your kid on their team floo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Eastcoastgirlforever,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion surrounding your room location request. The inconvenience you experienced at our hotel does not represent the level of service we strive to provide. Please contact me directly at the hotel at (518) 955-3000 to further discuss the room location problem you experienced.
I sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information we need to identify and correct problems and improve on the services we offer to our guests. I look forward to your call.
Most Sincerely,
Kristen Collura

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George? Share your experiences!