“Kitchen needs some work” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 103 Restaurants in Queensbury
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Cavendish, Vermont
“Kitchen needs some work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had dinner in the restaurant on a midweek winter night, when it was definitely not a busy night.

While the wait service was fast and attentive, the food definitely needed some work.

Friend and I started out sharing a Blooming Onion, Outback's staple appetizer. It came out very hot, and definitely overdone. The coating was darker than it should have been, though not burnt, but the onion itself was overcooked to the point of being almost mush.

We both had Caesar salad, which was definitely salty [and I'm not sure how this happened, as I assume that they used the chain's standard salad dressing].

I had a rib eye steak with a skewer of shrimp on the side. The steak was ordered rare, and actually came out medium. The shrimp were done properly, however, and not overcooked and toughened. Friend had a full rack of ribs, which have been downsized from the normal portion one gets at Outback. The ribs were done to perfection, though, tender and falling off the bone [the sign of a well cooked rib is that the meat leaves the bone bare, which did happen], and were well flavored.

With other Outback locations just south on the Northway in Clifton Park and Albany, the biggest competition to this location is going to be its own chain. Both Clifton Park and Albany have better kitchens, too.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lake George, New York
“Hanging in there!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Like most chains the outback has tried to remain competitive
by cutting back on their portions , size of the plates and prices. The service here remains excellent. Jill is a living legend and the bar is still one of the best values. The food is still creative and a good value. One of the country's best chains.

Visited February 2013
Levittown, New York
“Steak and Salad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I absolutely love the Bleu Cheese chopped salad and had to have it. I enjoy there bread and the classic steak too. The bloomin onion is awesome too!

Visited February 2013
Glens Falls, NY
“I don't know where to start <3”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Outback is my favorite restaurant of all time. I have made a plethora of memories here with friends and family. The food is always cooked to perfection, with an apparent attention to detail when it comes to creative combinations. The waitstaff I have been appointed have been nothing short of great. We always end up tipping about 30% due to such great service. Also, they are very understanding and take full responsibility for any mistakes they may have made.

One time I went with my dad and I had ordered steak tips well done, while he had ordered some steak medium rare. My steak tips were cooked medium rare, while his steak was cooked well done. We are understanding people, and therefore did not make a big deal about it, just casually mentioned it. The waitress immediately seemed alarmed and eager to fix the problem. We insisted that what we had was just fine and that we would share, switch or basically just make it work. She felt terrible and offered us both complimentary desserts, which we declined due to our over full bellies. So she casually came back to the table and mentioned that she had comp'd the entire bill and that she was extremely sorry. We really were fine with our meals! She wound up getting almost a $50 tip for being so generous and kind, and as that is the only problem that has ever occurred, I can honestly say that Outback has the best food, hands down.

To add, they will and have to make you ANYTHING you want. If they have the ingredients, they WILL make it for you. If you want a grilled cheese, it's yours. A bloomin' onion topped with coconut shrimp all doused in french onion soup-you got it! Well, you get the point. This place is outstanding. I'm also familiar with about half of the staff including the owner and they're all sweet individuals.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

always go to Outback steak house is a pleasure, eats a good steak and onions with a beautiful decorantion

Visited December 2012