“Very Clean...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Graycourt Motel

Graycourt Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Queensbury
Graycourt Motel
1082 Lake George Rd, Queensbury, NY 12804   |
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Queensbury
Wallkill, New York
“Very Clean...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I went to Lake George with my 6 year old, my father, sister, and her husband. We basically decided to drive up there and wing it as far as getting a place to stay. I have to say, I was very pleased with where we stayed. The room was emmaculate and spacious, as well as the pool and the grounds extremely clean and well kept. The owners were very pleasant and the location was wonderful. It is located directly across the street from go carts and miniature golf, right next to Sutton's (a country store and cafe), and extremely close to the Great Escape. I think for our needs this place was perfect. I have been in chain motels that this has far surpassed. It is true, there was not an iron or hair dryer in the room, but I am sure if you asked they probably had one. If you plan on hanging out at the motel all day with you kids, then you probably should not go to Lake George because there is so much to do there and picking apart where you sleep is your highest priority, then you should have spent the extra money and went to the Hilton. Considering the price and location, I think it was wonderful. As far as it being a little out of date, yes it is, but if you are going on vacation with your family, then you should not be spending that much time in the motel anyway... You are, after all, on vacation, RIGHT?

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Upstate New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is beautifully landscaped motel. The pool is very clean. The rooms are well kept for a older motel. Lost of attractions are walking distance. The trolley is easily accessed if you want to take a ride up to the Village or outlets. I would recommend this motel to friends and family.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We decided to extend our Lake George trip and this was only motel available for $155/ngt. The property was very well maintained, but the room lacked many basic amenities, such iron, hair dryer & shampoo. The room also had a very musty scent and each time we flushed the toilet it smell like sewage.
This is a family run business which is conveniently located close to Six flags and other area attractions and for that reason I think we paid so much for our room. Maybe if breakfast was included in the cost that would have compensated for something. But I just can't justify this overpriced motel. The room decor made me feel like I was staying @ my grandma's house instead of a motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Queensbury hotels

Hartford, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I took my children for a fun trip to lake george... we had fun but the hotel was terrible. The room smelled musty, doors stick shut, windows have no screens, the refrigerator stunk and there was garbage under the beds. There is no continental breakfast or microwave, hair dryer, or other normal ammenities in the room. The beds were hard as rocks and lumpy. The pool was very nice but kids should not make noise or splash around as the management feels this is unruley behavior. You also should not make noise after 9pm of any kind and you must CLEAN YOUR ROOM BEFORE YOU LEAVE! Yes, you need to leave the room EMACULENT per the ower Marianne McDonough... not kidding. Not what I was expecting for $136/night.

Room Tip: rooms at top of hill have larger bathrooms but have steap walk to pool. Also no room to turn around...
Scarsdale, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed a night here, The bed was a hammock, very uncomfotable, but for 50 per night did I get what I paid for? I dont know, all I know is I stayed at the motelmontreal for 10.00 us dollars more and slept much better then here for a night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Wappingers Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

A great home away from home! Friendly owners and great service! The rooms are all comfortable and roomy with a country feeling to them. The location is amazing with the Six Flags Great Escape, go-karts, miniture golf, drive-in theater in walking distance, and a great restaurant next door that serves a really nice breakfast. Just 10 or so minutes away from Lake George and it's attractions, I can't see any place else to stay with my family!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Graycourt Motel? Share your experiences!