“Almost like being at home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodlawn B&B

Woodlawn B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulaski
Woodlawn B&B
You added Woodlawn B&B to your Saves list
4677 Salina Street, Pulaski, NY 13142   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Pulaski B&B and Inns
northern ireland
“Almost like being at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

From the moment I walked into the Woodlawn B&B I felt so at home. My friend and I shared a room which was easily one of the cosiest rooms I have ever stayed in for a B&B. Our hosts were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We had travelled from Ireland to fish and Steve, the owner, not only made us welcome but was a wealth of knowledge regards fishing. The room was cosy and immaculately clean but in general the house was a great place to return to after a hard days fishing. Joanna is a lovely lady who, from day one, got involved in conversation and added to our stay by offering freshly baked goods every morning. I will return to this wonderful B&B and to the nicest couple anyone could hope to encounter.

Room Tip: Speak to Steve or Joanna prior to booking and their advice will be sound.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
woodlawnbb, Owner at Woodlawn B&B, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
This is the wonderful part of this business... you get to meet wonderful guests like yourself... some of them become lifelong friends! We were so happy to meet you and look forward to seeing you again. We're glad you stayed with us.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

[iminent=tjxroaYVffOB] [iminent led][/led] I travelled from Ireland and stayed at Woodlawn B&B with one of my fishin buddies for 2 weeks during the fall of 2012, while we fished the nearby salmon river.
The accomodation was really tastefully restored, spotlessly clean and very convienient to the amenities of Pulaski town. The beds are changed frequently and are very comfortable, ensuring a great nights sleep after a long day on the river!! Breakfast is served in the dining room and varied day by day, which was great.
The hosts Steve and Joanna are a wonderful couple, very helpful and knowledgable about the locality, Steve also helped us alot on the river and kept us right with regards to DEC regulations etc etc.
Would I return here?? [iminent led]YOU BET I WILL!!! [/led]

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
woodlawnbb, Owner at Woodlawn B&B, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks so much for your wonderful recommendation. We hope things are going well for you and you are "settled" back in at home. We truly enjoyed meeting you and spending time with you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks again! Steve & Joanna
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've been staying for the past ten years or so, along with my friends, with Steven and Joanna Young at Woodlawn Bed and Breakfast, for our annual salmon/steelhead trip. They are always so welcoming and we look forward to our time with them in their lovingly restored farmhouse. A light breakfast and out to the barn to suit up in the protected area where we store our gear and we are off early in the AM! Boot warmers make that an easy task. It's a bit out of town, where you can really appreciate the country. Immaculate rooms. Comfortable beds. You have all the ingredients to make your trip successful! Can't wait to get back up there!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the house. Really depends on how many of you there are.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
woodlawnbb, Owner at Woodlawn B&B, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
What a nice recommendation! Thank you so much. You know where you guys rank in our hearts! Look forward to your return. Thanks again.... Joanna
Oakland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have stayed here several times . . .and each time gets better!. . .Steve & JoAnna are such wonderful hosts . . .very knowledgeable of the area and activities available . . . restaurants to eat . . .historical sites to visit, etc. The B & B is so clean, comfortable, warm & homey . . .just a lovely place with great people! We plan to go back as often as we can! I love going in early salmon season and watching my husband fish the salmon river from the picturesque banks. I bring a good book, a lightweight chair and pack a lunch for us to enjoy together! A great place to go to reconnect and de-stress. Woodlawn provides the perfect environment to relax, de-stress and appreciate life.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My brother and I have been making the trip to Pulaski for the past 10 years for our annual fishing trip and we stumbled upon this hidden gem about 5 years ago! I wish we would have found it sooner! Steve and Joanna are always very welcoming hosts and we look forward to our stay at Woodlawn each year. See you in a couple months!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I had to make a last minute trip to Pulaski, a tiny town we'd never visited before. We were fortunate to find the Woodlawn B&B, a small and delightful bed and breakfast within walking distance of the village center. Owners Joanne and Steve were wonderfully welcoming and accommodating. The inn is a lovely old farmhouse. We stayed in the Rose Room -- a large, two room suite with firm bed, a great bath and.terrific coffee maker. Early mornings sitting on the porch listening to birds and watching the leaves on the trees shimmer in the wind was a wonderful way to start our day. We would return in an instant -- indeed, will if we are up that way again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful two night stay at Woodlawn. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated, the landscaping and home are beautiful, and the food and hosts are just wonderful! Can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Woodlawn B&B? Share your experiences!