I came here with my 16 year old daughter and two young grandsons (6 and 7 years old). Our stay was very pleasant. Staff the night we arrived were very nice. Althought the next morning we went down to the free breakfest, we were there for about 20 minutes. When we went back upstairs to finish getting our belongings and wait to check out to leave and meet our other family members, we found house keeping already in our room. We went up to the door and the lady had the door blocked and would not move her cart. When I approched the door she had told me we were only there for one night, and I'm like yes but I have not checked out yet check out isnt untill 12:00 noon. She walked out the door and we pushed through the cart to get inside the room to get the rest of our belongings. While gathering our stuff the lady walked in with fresh bedding and proceded to put them on the bed. We went downstairs and demanded to talk to a manager but there was not one available they told us. We were told that I would be contacted that night, which I was not. They had contacted head of house keeping. The head of house keeping said they would go and talk to the lady who was already in our room. We obviously could not go back to our room untill we were ready to check out so I had to go sit in a grocery store parking lot untill our family members arrived. After calling back that night when we got back home I talked to a lady at the desk who said that there wouldnt be a manager on untill the next morning. She wrote down everything I told her and stated that I would get a call from a manager the next day. The next day the manager called me. He appoligized for what had happened, and said he would call me back on Tuesday (2 days from when I talked to him) to tell me what was going on and to try to make things right. He was very nice and had explained to me that house keeping should not have been in my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Poughkeepsie, New York.At the moment you enter the bright, airy lobby of the Holiday Inn Express hotel Poughkeepsie, you are welcomed into a unique hotel with a mix of contemporary chic and charming traditional ambiance, personalized service, and contemporary amenities.The Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie government hotel is centrally located in the Hudson Valley area of New York near many attractions such as FDR Presidential Library, Vanderbilt Mansion and Eleanor Roosevelt Cottage, and only 20 Miles south of Historic Rhinebeck, New York. Our hotel is near IBM, The Culinary Institute of America, Marist College and Vassar College. We are also minutes away from Vassar Brothers Hospital and St. Francis Hospital. Our newly renovated Poughkeepsie hotel features well appointed guest rooms, Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access, a Seasonal Outdoor Pool, Complimentary Local Shuttle Service limited, Free Guest Laundry Services, and 24 Hour Business Center with printing service. Start the day right with our Complimentary Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring the world's best tasting hot cinnamon roll, and many other delicious breakfast items including eggs, bacon, and sausage.Visit Poughkeepsie, NY and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie Hotel Poughkeepsie
- Holiday Inn Poughkeepsie
- Poughkeepsie Holiday Inn Express