“Beware of the house keepers” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie

You added Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2750 South Road, Rt. 9 & Sharon Dr., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Liverppol, NY
“Beware of the house keepers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2007

I came here with my 16 year old daughter and two young grandsons (6 and 7 years old). Our stay was very pleasant. Staff the night we arrived were very nice. Althought the next morning we went down to the free breakfest, we were there for about 20 minutes. When we went back upstairs to finish getting our belongings and wait to check out to leave and meet our other family members, we found house keeping already in our room. We went up to the door and the lady had the door blocked and would not move her cart. When I approched the door she had told me we were only there for one night, and I'm like yes but I have not checked out yet check out isnt untill 12:00 noon. She walked out the door and we pushed through the cart to get inside the room to get the rest of our belongings. While gathering our stuff the lady walked in with fresh bedding and proceded to put them on the bed. We went downstairs and demanded to talk to a manager but there was not one available they told us. We were told that I would be contacted that night, which I was not. They had contacted head of house keeping. The head of house keeping said they would go and talk to the lady who was already in our room. We obviously could not go back to our room untill we were ready to check out so I had to go sit in a grocery store parking lot untill our family members arrived. After calling back that night when we got back home I talked to a lady at the desk who said that there wouldnt be a manager on untill the next morning. She wrote down everything I told her and stated that I would get a call from a manager the next day. The next day the manager called me. He appoligized for what had happened, and said he would call me back on Tuesday (2 days from when I talked to him) to tell me what was going on and to try to make things right. He was very nice and had explained to me that house keeping should not have been in my room.

Stayed March 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Little Falls, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2007

The last time I rated this hotel I gave it a 5. A few things have changed since then: I've become more experienced with business travel and this time there were a few heavy score impacting problems.

The hotel continues to be well suited for business travelers. It's conveniently located, serves a handy, complimentary breakfast, has a competent, friendly staff, wireless Internet connectivity, a small fitness center and is generally clean. Mattresses are comfortable but bedding is not of the quality found in many hotels today. Bathroom hardware is beginning to show age.

On the down side, the comforter is my room was stained with wine and the sheets were discolored. Housekeeping completely refreshed the bed as soon as I notified them. My room was an adjoining room, and the closed door between the rooms was not insulated well enough against sound to prevent me from hearing my noisy neighbor's cell conversations. Dirty bedding and noise are score killers in my mind.

• Liked — Competent staff and convenient breakfast
  • Disliked — Stained bedding and noisy adjoining room
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
syracuse, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2006

The room was clean, beds and service fine, but the cost was out of line for the area. Especially because 2 weeks later I stayed at a much nicer hotel, a few miles south of there and paid half as much. This hotel is very near Marist and Vassar colleges and I guess that's why they feel they can charge so much.
My suggestion, look a little further south and get a much better deal!

• Liked — no opinion
  • Disliked — the price
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Halifax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2006

If we ever return to the Hudson River Valley, we will definitely stay here again. Good location, excellent shopping and restaurants nearby, as well as attractions. More importantly, the service at this hotel was excellent, the staff friendly, the breakfast was very good, the rooms clean and well-maintained.

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2005

I recently stayed at this hotel due to its convenient location. I pulled into the parking lot and initially thought the outside of the building was old looking and thought the inside would be the same. I could not be more wrong! The lobby was warm, inviting and very clean. The woman who checked me in was very professional and friendly. She informed me that the hotel was actually getting a new exterior this Fall..Hmmm and a new lobby, I said why this lobby is great. My room was very nice, looked brand new, great pillows, even better bathroom, the shower was great the towels thick and new looking. My so called continental breakfast turned out to have a cheese omlet and bacon! I even got to enjoy it outside on the patio. Over all this was the best Holiday Inn Express I had ever stayed in. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has to go to Poughkeepsie.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

A sign in the lobby announced this property will be undergoing a full renovation in the fall of 2005, but I think it is already the nicest Holiday Inn Express I have ever seen. We had a king room with a sofa bed, on the non-highway side of the hotel that was quite pleasant. Everything appeared clean and in good repair, except one lamp that should be replaced. There was some hallway noise, but I have learned to turn up the A/C fan to drown out the noisy guests. There were three different pillow types on the bed to ensure you get the type you like. A hairdryer and iron were standard. There was a microwave for guest use in the vending area. The bathroom had a spacious layout, and an attractive sink area with a separate upper shelf for the coffeemaker (which just makes sense!) The shower curtain was a bright white woven cloth variety that contributed to the spotless appearance of the bathroom. The towels were thick, and the toiletries somewhat unique. The lobby area was attractive and offered some board games for wholesome fun as well as a high speed Internet-connected PC for guest use. The continental plus breakfast offerings were extensive, but there was a wait for the four-slice toaster. I thought the desk staff could use a few pointers in customer service. They weren’t rude, but weren’t overly welcoming either. I used my Priority Club points to stay here at no charge, but I thought the rack rate was outrageous for a non-full service or extended stay hotel. I would put this property in the “nice place to stay if somebody else is paying” category.

Stayed May 2005
upstate ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2004

This hotel costs more than the Sheraton in Newark NJ Airport.

For that cost the room was smaller, cold and hard to heat up (the heater had to be on full all the time). The hotel looked old on the outside, but inside the room was nice looking. Bedsheet were of a low thread count and felt rough on the skin.

The staff was friendly, the wireless network was free and worked well. The much balleyhooed shower was indeed nice, but I don't think it made up for high cost.

We stayed on a Sunday to Monday and the parking lot was almost empty.

Next time I will try the Super 8 in Pough, it looks newer.

• Stayed December 2004, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!