“Decent, but not the best Courtyard.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book our Breakfast Pkg!
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Lake George, New York
“Decent, but not the best Courtyard.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is an older Courtyard that has been freshened up. We stayed just one night and the bed and room were comfortable. For the first time in all of my hotel staying days I actually wanted to read the Sunday paper but they don't provide that on the weekends. Ironic. I forgot my phone charger so the staff did charge my Iphone for me at the front desk while I ate breakfast. The main lobby is also the food area and is a completely open floor plan. ....I guess I am a little more critical than usual considering the price tag for my Saturday night stay was $200 after taxes. While we qualified for some discount because of AAA or something (my mother was with me), I still felt this was expensive for the type of hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lori_Poughkeepsie_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay in Poughkeepsie at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that our staff was able to assist you with needed items. Our refresh is complete with all rooms and public space receiving a complete renovation. Rates vary throughout the year with weekend rates at their peak May - October. We offer advance purchase rates throughout the year at discounted rates as well as some really attractive weekend rates during the summer off peak dates as well as Late October through April. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pawleys Island, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is one of the better Courtyard Marriott's I have stayed. My family and I spent two nights here and it was a great stay. Property and grounds were immaculate. There is plenty of parking and staff were friendly and accommodating. The housekeeper even left a handwritten note commenting that she hoped we were having a wonderful stay. I didn't use the fitness center but took full advantage of the indoor pool with my grandchildren. For those with disability, the pool area is in full compliance with the ADA. Although the property seems well established, the interior appears to have been recently remodeled. If you opt not to eat at the hotel, there are plenty of diners nearby. Our family had a great brunch at the Table Top diner just a quarter mile away.

Cons: (1) If you need to proceed to the left (toward Vasssar) out of the Courtyard property, you will be required to drive over a half mile before being able to make a U-Turn. (2) For those who are light sleepers, the window HVAC unit might keep you awake when it turns itself on and off to maintain temperature.

Room Tip: This is a large, spread out, property. If you have issues walking or carrying bags, you should requ...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We only stayed one night, and it was our first time at a Courtyard, but we would definitely stay at a Courtyard if the opportunity presented itself. The staff at the front desk was courteous, friendly and very accommodating. They apologized for the noise the construction was making but I didn't even hear anything until they pointed it out. The room was clean and fresh. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was spotless. We only ate at the "cafe" for breakfast, but were surprised at the selection and service. We didn't have to make our own waffles!

Room Tip: Don't know about the other rooms, but ours was great. The AC was quiet and we got to stay on th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This Marriott was redone in the past year, and is now in keeping with the current Courtyard Marriott design. Our room was modern, fresh, and clean. The staff was helpful. Above all, the beds were comfy, and the sheets and duvet were soft. This is officially our go-to place in Poughkeepsie.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
st louis,mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you are going to spend time in the Hudson Valley the courtyard in poughkeepsie is a great choice. The hotel is typical marriott standard. ITs clean the rooms are spacious and modern. Its only four miles from the CIA(well worth the trip) and FDRs library

Room Tip: great location
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at the hotel overnight. It is located along the main road with nearby chain restaurants and shops. The staff is welcoming. The lobby is very nice and like all courtyards has a small bar. While other reviewers stated that the hotel was in the midst of a renovation and apparently enjoyed new rooms, our room was not. We had a room with a king sized bed. It was a small room with clean surfaces, bedding, and a spotless bathroom. The carpet, however, had seen better days and was visibly stained. While we generally had a good night sleep, we could easily hear people in the hallway which impacted our sleep. We know that we will be back in the area, and we hope that by then all rooms will be renovated.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am wrapping up a 3 night stay at the Courtyard in Poughkeepsie. This is one of the nicer Courtyards I have frequented, which is in the midst of a giant renovation. Unlike many other "renovated" Courtyards, this one did it right. Everything is brand new. Not a mish mosh of new and old.

I have a King with sofa, and it has both a fridge and microwave. A nice comfortable bed. Clean as a whistle. Quiet. I honestly haven't heard any noise from other guests or construction the entire time I have been here.

My AC broke during my stay, and while not hot, given the proximity to Rte 9 you really can't sleep with the windows open. I called downstairs in the morning before I left for my client to see if it could be fixed, and by the time I returned it was not only fixed, there was a letter and some candy from the chief engineer apologizing for the issue.

The only thing that would make the place perfect would be HD channels on the large LCD HDTV. Many similar hotels offer this now as standard.

All the staff have been helpful and wonderful! I will definitely return if in the area again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!