“Everyone was very helpful and friendly.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
“Everyone was very helpful and friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Overall, the stay was great. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean, but only one downfall was the pull out sofa had no sheets. They were very accommodating and took care of the sofa bed, with no issue. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Sylva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My brother made reservations for our family to stay in Poughkeepsie next to the wedding venue. The hotel staff was friendly, accomodating, and helpful. The room was clean, no smell of smoke and comfortable. I am very pleased how Marriott always knows how to treat their customers. Never a surprise and always enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Spacious rooms that were clean and comfortable. Nice amenities. The staff was extremely polite and courteous, both at check in and throughout the stay. I love the look of the Courtyard lobby. Really, a great overall experience. The pool area and gym was well-kept and pretty good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Holland, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Courtyard by Marriott in Poughkeepsie was a great location for a long weekend
of touring the Hyde Park area. It is on the same road as Culinary Institute,
Franklin Roosevelt Library, the Vanderbilt Mansion and next door to Locust Grove,
Samuel Morse house. There are many other great places to eat nearby besides
Culinary Institute. Even though it is on a busy road, it is far enough removed so
it is quiet. The room was spacious with 2 double beds. There is plenty of free parking. All requests were accomodated, extra towels, early check in, etc.
Lobby staff and room maintenance staff were friendly and efficient. I would return
and recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently, I called the Courtyard Marriott to make reservations for four days to attend a family wedding. The young lady that answered the phone, Kem Henry, was absolutely delightful! She was professional, helpful, friendly and likeable! Not only did she assist me in getting reservations for myself and my sister, but when I called a few weeks later to make a change, she remembered me and our conversation!!!

At 1AM in the morning after a long trip, when I checked in, there was this smiling young lady, Kem, to welcome me and check me in!

The hotel was very nice and I was extremely satisfied, but I have no doubt that the first impression that you get with Kem either on the phone or in person, let's you know immediately that you are in good hands and your stay will be great!!

Big Kudos to this young lady! Courtyard Marriott is very lucky to have her!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was traveling on business and wanted to give the Courtyard by Marriott a chance. I usually stay at Hilton properties. This one was fine. I really like the new Bistro theme and modern lobby. I grabbed a healthy breakfast before my busy day working and traveling. But as far as the rooms... it was just average. The towels were kind of old and scratchy and it did not seem to be very well insulated. But it was a clean, comfortable place to lay my head and the internet was free.

Room Tip: one with a view of the courtyard and pool is better than the view of the street
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband & I stayed here Oct. 5-7 in rm. #250 with a king bed. I liked that the bathroom iis much larger than at the Residence Inns. The sink/vanity area are outside of the bathroom with the mirrored door closet across from the sink. I like that the bed is on the other side of that wall because the light doesn't bother the person still sleeping. We had a balcony with 2 chairs that faced the courtyard. We were away from the elevator but there is some light noise from the next room if they have their tv on loud or there are alot of people in there. The hotel is very clean. We were 10 minutes away from Marist College where our daugther was playing in a tennis invitational from Siena College. It is right on Route 9 and there are plenty of shopping center areas & an I-Hop up the street too. They don't have free breakfast here like Residence Inns, but they had a nice selection of things to purchase in the Bistro area. The front desk was friendly. The Residence Inn is just down the street from this hotel. They were booked up so we stayed here and were not disappointed. I pack my own soap because I don't think the Marriott's has any smell to it. That is my only "pet peeve", but a tiny one!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!