“Excellent Area Choice. Good Price.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book our Breakfast Pkg!
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Teaneck, New Jersey
“Excellent Area Choice. Good Price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Mid Hudson Valley NY isn't the easiest place to find good accomodations. Hotels & Motels abound, but finding something that is well kept can be a challenge. Courtyard fit the bill. After a horrendous night at another area property (Best Western at the Falls) we moved to the Marriott. It's fairly new. Well maintained. Welcoming. Lobby is modern with booths and individual tv screens. WiFi is everwhere. Nice store for snacks and a lobby bar/cafe serving Starbucks. It's near everything (Walkway over the Hudson, CIA, Marist, Vanderbuilt, FDR, shopping). The room was spacious and clean. Even a little balcony for fresh fall air. The only draw back - no pillow top bed. It was ok and the sheets were soft. It was quiet and I slept well. Good hot shower in the morning. I would definitely stay here when in the area next.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor, right by the stairway. No problem with noise. It's a solid 3 star h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ambler, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The entire place had been recently updated and was well maintained and clean. There was no directory of services or area attractions available. With a number of weekend wedding parties the staff appeared overwhelmed and we had to call at 4 PM to get our room madeup the second day but the staff did respond fairly quickly.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a long walk from elevator, bar, breakfast and lobby .
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Darien, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here on points (Gold Marriott Rewards) but would gladly return and pay rack rate. The staff was very helpful, offering us breakfast at 10 am after closing at 9:30. The lobby has been re-done in the new modern look and the rooms are very nice.

Agree with other reviewers that the walls are a bit "thin", but if you ask for a quiet corner of the property you'll have a sound sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back to avoid noise from Route 9.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

It is a Courtyard, so your eectstions have to be somewhat limited. Unfortunately, this one disappointed. There is virtually ZERO insulation between rooms. We can hear the folks in the room next door move their curtains, start their shower and have any kind of conversation. The TV might as well be in our room. It is not our neighbors fault, they need to build this place better. The bed in our room is awful. There is no "heavenly bed" here, trust me. No padding other than the sheets. Room is small.

As an Executive Platinum Member of Marriott, I was particularly disappointed to end up in a room next to the service center on our floor ( room 259) The maids congregate outside our room in the morning about 6:30, and hold court! Every time we come out of our room, there is a dumpster of trash or a bevy of Cleaners chatting. No problem unless it is a long weekend and you do not want to get up at 6:30 am. I was equally disappointed to find out that my "gift" for being exec platinum was to have either water or chips from the service center! Seriously? I have spent 85 nights in Marriots this year and that is my reward? Ouch.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great front of house, helpful and welcoming.
We booked late but despite this the front desk managed to get us 2 connecting rooms.
This is a new hotel with modern decor and good layout.
The pool was bigger than many and the jacuzzi had a nice view of the garned, it was not overly hot so you could sit and read whilst the kids played in the pool.
Easy access all round the hotel meant we could park near our room vs dragging cases all over e place.
Internal facing rooms have a nie courtyard view.
Well done Marriott this is a great new design
Free wifi and Internet as a bonus

The bistro style cafe worked well for us vs the usual free for all scrum
Great staff all round

Room Tip: Internal facing room are quiet and have a courtyard view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
silver spring
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

we stayed for 3 nights. the staff couldn't have been friendlier. i lost my keys in the grate in the parking lot. the staff went over &above getting my keys out for me that night. the general manager was fabulous -- she told us that someone someone had a fishing rod in their truck (this was 10pm at night) and two employees worked over 30 minutes to get it for us. unbelievable how nice everyone was to us.

the reason i gave it only a 4 -- the hotel layout made it hard to get to the room. but everything was clean & everyone said hello. really nice place.

if i went back, i would request a room closer to the exit.

thanks so much for helping us out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is closer to the exits. our room was large, quiet, clean but a hassle to go in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Made my reservations for 2 nights, I am just into my first night, and if it does not get better, will go somewhere else. I am a loyal Marriott customer, with 15 or more night stays per month. Arrival check in was fine, but it went down hill from there. The mini refridegator was broken, housekeeping left only conditioners, and this particular property has decided NOT to have in room information books that list local sights, resturants, tv guide info. You have to go back to the desk to get a poor quality tv guide xeroxed sheet of paper, you are subjected to the big computer monitor in the lobby if you want to know where to dine, what to see or rely on the staff for their picks. Yes, that is the last thing I want to do after a long ride, stand I front of a large monitor in the middle of the lobby, trying to decide what I want to eat. Hope the bed is comfy. if not they will hear from me. I know I will not return if in the area again. I will go to Days Inn, damn the point system.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!