“Great service - enjoyed my stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercury Grand Hotel

You added Mercury Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Mercury Grand Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2170 South Rd, Rt. 9, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 (Formerly formerly Clarion Hotel )   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
VA
“Great service - enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

That morning when I woke up, I couldn’t believe myself that I forgot my toothbrush & toothpaste. I’m not a frequent traveler (maybe once in 2 months), but that was the first time ever, I did such a thing. So, I called the lobby and asked if they have any. The receptionist answered to say yes. No sooner did I start dressing up to get down to the lobby, I heard the bell ring and to my surprise, it was one of the hotel staff who was at my doorstep with a pack that has the toiletries in it. I was thrilled to get such a response and thanked her. Don’t know how often it happens to anyone but I’m absolutely impressed with such a great service. Even though, I came down a little late, the breakfast was hot & tasty. Overall, I have had no issues and enjoyed my stay all thru out. Yes, I will recommend to my friends & co-workers.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

The hotel was clean and tidy. But it was the location which I enjoyed the most. I was pleasantly surprised to see the mall so close to the hotel. Room service was good and the Indian food (restaurant inside the hotel) was excellent. All in all I think I got the best value for my money. I am staying here again.

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

Came to hotel to attend conference there. Hotel staff were very helpful. Room was warm and clean. Breakfast was filling and a lot of choices. Conference room was excellent for learning. Decided to stay extra night after conference. Too tired to drive. Dinner in restaurant was an unexpected surprise. Food was the best ever tasted.

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

It was awesome is the best way to describe. From the moment I walked in the door I was greeted with a friendly smile. I really felt like this was my home away from home. I will recommend to everyone. And I will definatly stay again

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

It's a very beautiful hotel as soon as you enter it.... the staff is very frandly and ready to help from check in to anything you want to know about the areas. Delicious food in the restaurant. Fantastic bar for drinkers. Best full service hotel in poughkeepsie, Fishkill, wappinger falls area in terms of quality of service and money you pay for that. Great Value Hotel, I Strongly Recommend.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

Let me start with a disclaimer...a friend and I decided, AT THE LAST MINUTE - (2 wks out), to attend the NYS Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck. Everything for miles around was booked. We were able to book a non-smoking (important to us) room with two beds, including hot breakfast, for $89/Friday, $125/Saturday (AAA rate). (compared to $209+ each night nearby).

Pros: The room was clean, the beds were comfortable (double-sheeted blanket), and the breakfast was good. They offered excellent scrambled eggs, two meats each morning, hash browns, french toast, fresh fruit, coffee, milk, & juice, along with cereals, english muffins, and bagels. We asked for a room away from the Comedy Club (based on recommendations here) and got it. FREE Wi-fi. Fitness Center. Coffee maker in room.

Cons: There was traffic noise from the street, although it was drowned out by the sound of the heater (thankfully I brought earplugs) and the thermostat was tempermental. The ice machine didn't work (but the desk clerk escorted me into the kitchen and personally filled my cooler from the giant ice machine there). The shower was demon-posessed. Only cold water would come out of the shower head while hot water came out of the "bath" nozzle, pooling around my feet because the drainage was "less than adequate."

If not for the full, hot breakfast, I would agree with a previous reviewer and say that it is not quite up to par with other AAA three diamond hotels. For us, because there wasn't much to choose from, it served its purpose...and considering the breakfast and free wifi...was actually a value for the price we paid.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

For the $189 I payed for this hotel, it was not worth it! It was a sad hotel in need of an extreme makeover. The room was outdated, and they must have been covering a smell, because the room was heavily covered in a potpourri. The carpet was stained and dirty. Our room was in the basement level, and the corridors from the main stairway was not even lit down there. And the complimentary "hot" breakfast was not delicious. The "hot" eggs tasted like metal. The orange walls of the dining hall was ugly and the furniture belonged in a dump. Basically, it was not an appetizing room to be eating in at all. I never ever want to go back to this hotel. Its says its a three star, I would say its half a star, at best.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Mercury Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!