I stayed with my daughter for one night on Oct. 6 because her college tennis team was booked here. The front desk staff were friendly enough, but the place just did not smell good. There are no elevators. The rooms are very old and dated. The wall paper in the hall was coming off. It really needs to be refurbished. There were 2 double beds in the room and the bedding/sheets were old and the mattress was not comfortable at all. My daugher is used to the low budget hotels because when they are "on the road" that's what the college books to save money. But she wasn't thrilled with the room either. My husband & I prefer the Marriott properties. I've stayed at the Best Western in Olean, NY which was really nice. This hotel chain needs to step it up on this one!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Mercury Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel Poughkeepsie
- Clarion Hotel And Conference Center
- Best Western Poughkeepsie
- Poughkeepsie Best Western