“Friendly Environment and Great Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercury Grand Hotel

Save Saved
You added Mercury Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Mercury Grand Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2170 South Rd, Rt. 9, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 (Formerly Mercury Grand Hotel)   |
Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Poughkeepsie
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Friendly Environment and Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had a great experience at this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly (everybody from the Bartenders to the cooks and servers.) My room was very clean..no complaints. The hotel has an ideal location on rt. 9 which is perfect for those who are traveling in the area. Affordable prices and fantastic breakfast. Theres an indian resturant, multiple bars, and a comedy club for guests to enjoy. I plan on coming back very soon. I spoke with the sales manager as well. He was a nice fellow.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This "motel" is something I never would have stayed in had I been the person booking our room reservations for this conference. Once I arrived and checked into the room, I was reminded why I hate low budget hotels. However, the price for this place is way too much for what you get.

First let me state that the hotel front desk clerk was nice and very helpful.

Following are the problems I have with this hotel:
1) Windows are old, doesn't have a window screen, and we're in desperate need of replacement.

2) The furniture belongs in someones great, great grandmothers house.

3) The bathtub had crud in it that had fallen out of the air vent that is directly about the tub. The tub had scratches and in general just looked untidy. I certainly would taken a tub in it.

4) The wall paper is peeling from the water leak, we are in a top floor room, which is their 3rd floor.

5) Dead bug on the floor lamp stand.

6) Doors are dirty.

I just got the overall feeling that their cleaning isn't up to par. We were there for just 1 night, but I wouldn't recommend it for just one night (unless you're used to this caliber of hotel).

There are better options up the road (heading north on highway US9) and I recommend check them out first.

I write this as I'm about

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Falmouth, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Hi Threre,

We booked a night at this hotel on booking.com but never ended staying there. The price was $149/night + Taxes. We accidentally booked a smoking room on booking.com (not sure how, but that is what showed up on the reservation at the hotel). The hotel was not able to move us to another room because they didn't have any available. We took the keys, went to the room, and within 30 seconds of being there we decided that the cigarette smell of the room was too overwhelming for us to endure the entire night. We went to the front desk and requested a refund. The told us to contact Booking.com first but it shouldn't be an issue. We called booking.com, reached a live (U.S. based) person immediately, and within 5 minutes they had called the hotel manager and negotiated a full refund. Needless to say, I was very impressed with booking.com.

I can't attest to the non-smoking rooms, but the smoking rooms at the Clarion were pretty bad...

We ended up staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Fishkill for $159/night + Taxes which was great.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

Cheers!

Chuck

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel has an excellent staff and I always feel welcomed. If you are looking for entertainment check out their comedy club. If you want a hearty meal check out their restaurant. Most of all is you want to relax this hotel is for you. It clean, many upgrades have been done, quaint and a good place to just Be. The manager has a smiling face for you which helps you feel at home.
If you like the simple things try it out. Very central to shopping malls etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The manager is very welcoming and the food was excellent. I have rented the banquet facility also and they really took care of me and my friends. This is one of the best banquet halls in the neighbourhood.They have a nice bar. The comedy club is a great event they organize every weekend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We weren't expecting a whole lot from a two-star property but we had a fine stay. Our room was clean and contained the basic amenities like toiletries and a coffee maker with coffee. The wall paper was just a bit old/fraying. The bed was comfortable enough. Near the lobby there is a nice sitting area with several bookcases full of books that you can read. Breakfast was included with our room and was not bad, though the addition of some fruit would have been nice for we vegetarians. It was bagels, toast, juice, eggs, waffles, homefries, sausage.
The front desk staff was quick and efficient in getting us checked in/out.
The rate we paid was good compared to what other hotels in the area were asking. We booked last minute for a Saturday night stay in August, which is a popular time in that general area. We'd stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The hotel staff is very accommodating and friendly. This hotel is easy to find and is centrally located off the Hudson river. The rooms decor is outdated, but they are clean and the bedding was comfortable, If you are looking for an upscale place this is not the one for you. The morning breakfast was good with some warm dishes as well as fresh fruit.
I will be back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mercury Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!