We weren't expecting a whole lot from a two-star property but we had a fine stay. Our room was clean and contained the basic amenities like toiletries and a coffee maker with coffee. The wall paper was just a bit old/fraying. The bed was comfortable enough. Near the lobby there is a nice sitting area with several bookcases full of books that you can read. Breakfast was included with our room and was not bad, though the addition of some fruit would have been nice for we vegetarians. It was bagels, toast, juice, eggs, waffles, homefries, sausage.
The front desk staff was quick and efficient in getting us checked in/out.
The rate we paid was good compared to what other hotels in the area were asking. We booked last minute for a Saturday night stay in August, which is a popular time in that general area. We'd stay again if in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel
- Clarion Hotel Poughkeepsie
- Clarion Hotel And Conference Center
- Best Western Poughkeepsie
- Poughkeepsie Best Western
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Mercury Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.