“Would Not Recommend” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cloud 9 Hotel

You added Cloud 9 Hotel to your Saves list
Cloud 9 Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2349 South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 (Formerly Super 8 Poughkeepsie)   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Chicago
“Would Not Recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

Had reservation. Checked-in, room had window that would not close. Asked for change, desk clerk said no other rooms available (this was in the afternoon, not evening). Asked again later and evening clerk was very helpful and switched us to an empty room. Both rooms had musty smell, both had burned out lightbulbs, one had exposed wiring coming out the wall, the second had an unattached light fixture hanging off the wall.

Breakfast bar was empty in the morning - no coffee, bagels, etc. Had to find desk clerk to restock. Wireless Internet very slow.

Room charge was excessive for this type of hotel. Poor value. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights while exploring colleges. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was extremely helpful. The night clerk spent more than an hour chasing down a wi-fi card for me to use with my laptop (the internet connection is wi-fi only). The basics were good, but I never could decide which continent the 'continental breakfast' represented (Antarctica, I think) and the coffee was obviously made by a confirmed tea drinker. However, there are decent places to eat nearby.
It's a Super 8: I've stayed in better, I've stayed in worse. This one seemed a little pricey for what you get.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
NH / VT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2008

My wife and I made reservations online months in advance for our daughter's graduation. When we arrived, reservation confirmation in hand - we were told that our reservation could not be found.

I showed them the reservation confirmation confirmation, and the fact that I had PAID on line for the rooms (79/night) for two nights, but the guy at the desk said that they were in the process of changing to a Comfort Inn, and had no access to the Super 8 reservation system. Just like the reviewer above, he offered me a room - with 2 full beds, not a king room - for the "discounted" price of an ADDITIONAL $90/night.

After a nightmarish hour wondering if we would have a place to stay for graduation, we lucked out on a cancellation at another hotel.

STAY AWAY! CAVEAT EMPTOR! One of my life's key moments (graduation) was almost destroyed by this crooks. I'm filing a complaint with the Dutchess County Dept of Consumer Affairs.

• Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2007

The hotel quoted a rate of $69.99 per night for two nights but had "lost" the reservation when we arrived and could not find it in the system. They charged us $99.99 per night for the two nights. It turns out they had made the reservation for a date exactly one month later--a fact discovered when the charge for a "no-show" showed up on our bill. An honest mistake--except that "Harry," the manager, refused to return calls about the mistake, refused to give his last name, refused to admit that the hotel made any such mistakes, insisted that the hotel never offered a rate of $69.99--despite the fact that it was on the no-show billl, and hung up on me when I asked a second time for his last name. This is the kind of treatment one expects in a third-world prison, not from Super 8 and "Harry."

• Liked — Newness and location
  • Disliked — Insolent manager; mistakes in reservations; insulting and rude treatment
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Cloud 9 Hotel? Share your experiences!