“Ok for a night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cloud 9 Hotel

You added Cloud 9 Hotel to your Saves list
Cloud 9 Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2349 South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 (Formerly Super 8 Poughkeepsie)   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Ok for a night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Staff pleasant and helpful. Room clean but a/c produced an unpleasant smell.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Urvi7, Manager at Cloud 9 Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you :) for your generous comments and sending us your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Salem, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was laying in bed and a spider crawled right next to me..Long black hairs on my pillows and towers on arrival. Breakfast was alright but overall stale. Showers were good, bathroom was good. There was a huge party upstairs from my room and all I could here was LOUD music and people stomping around. I waited awhile hoping to GOD it would stop because I had a 7 hour drive very early the next morning

Needless to say I called the front desk and ask them to do something about it and they did nothing. Then I got up out of bed got dressed and went to the front desk to yell for the guy who was sleeping...he said he would go up there but did nothing it continued. I couldnt move because i was with a handicapped person who was heavily asleep. Then the stomping stopped but the DIrty Dirty started. All i heard ALL night was something no one should have to go through...all I can say is that they were VERY loud. The next morning I went to breakfast and saw a 3 teenagers 1 girl and 2 guys, they looked very worn out and look like they were partying their [--] off

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Urvi7, Manager at Cloud 9 Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for your stay at the Hampton Inn Destin. I do apologize for the hotel not meeting your expectations.. I'm sorry that you had issues while staying at my hotel. I have made inquiries with my housekeeping supervisor.There may have been a training issue and I will correct. I do apologize.

I hope that when you return to Poughkeepsie, you will contact myself. I assure you I will exceed your expectations
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed four days at this Super 8 while attending a wedding. The room and motel were on the plain side. However, we have no complaint because this motel was the most economical clean and comfortable lodging in the Poughkeepsie area. The motel room itself is sizeable; so two people do not feel cramped in the room. The room was clean. The complimentary breakfast was satisfactory and the dining area provided enough space so that a dozen people could eat breakfast at the same time. The motel is located on the main north/south street of Poughkeepsie, close to the IBM facility and to many restaurants. We had no problem with noise.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Urvi7, Manager at Cloud 9 Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

Only stayed one of the two nights booked due to no sleep from the walking around upstairs. I could not relocate or get a refund so walked next door to the Sheraton and slept!

• Stayed March 2012
Urvi7, Manager at Cloud 9 Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologize for any inconvenience the noise has caused you during you stay. Please contact me personally when you are planning your next trip to the Poughkeepsie. I will make sure you receive a room in a quieter location.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Recently stayed here because I was traveling with my 2 small dogs and needed a "pet-friendly" place. The pet policy here is absurd; $25 per night PER PET! There is absolutely no reason to charge for an additional dog! I know some people who travel with their pets may not be very considerate, but even so, $25 per night is more than enough to cover possible extra cleaning should that be necessary. Our room was large, as others have stated, with a King bed, but there was a big empty space between the bed and the window with one hard, not rolling chair; no couch, no comfy lounge chair, no ottoman, no desk chair, meaning we had to lie in bed to watch TV or read. The carpet was wrinkled in places, almost to the point of being a tripping hazard. The refrigerator froze all the food. The continental breakfast was a joke! I should have stayed at the Hampton Inn next door which served a full hot breakfast and charged a $40 PER STAY pet charge regardless of the number of pets or days stayed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Urvi7, Manager at Cloud 9 Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send your comments. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Our pet fees are same for all the guest and I have addressed these concerns about room funitures with my staff and management. Please contact me personally the next time you are planning a visit to Pooughkeepsie. I promise you will have a better stay.
Carrollton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I have stayed at approximately 10 local hotels in the area over the 4 years my daughter has attended one of the local colleges. Since staying at this one, we have only came here. The staff is very accomidating. During our most recent stay, there was a city wide power outage from 4:30 am to 7:30 am. The staff sprang into action conserving heat by closing all the hallway doors and were everywhere. Felt very comfortable to go back to my room and go back to bed. They had all under control. The nice lady who cleaned the room always came back when it was convenient for us. And when she did come back to clean our room she really spruced it up. We will only stay here in the future on our trips to Poughkeepsie.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Urvi7, Manager at Cloud 9 Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you have enjoyed your stay. I hope we have exceeded your expectations! I am so proud of my team and glad to hear they made your stay a memorable one. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Poughkeepsie!
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed in a non-smoking room, king sized bed on the first floor for 3 nights. The room was very large, easily could have fit two kings. The mattress was firm and had very warm blankets. The heater worked extremely well, but there was a slight odor when I first turned it on. From what I could tell, the room had always been non-smoking.
There was a mini-fridge, however it was set to freeze everything. There is a microwave in the lobby however, so that was not a problem.
The room was clean, and the staff did a nice job of putting the room back in order every day.
A few negatives about the room- One was a small thing; the hotel only provided shampoo and not conditioner. The second, a much larger issue, is noise.
While the halls are quiet and the staff is quick to respond to noisy people in the halls/common areas, I ended up awake half the night because I could hear the ceiling creaking as the people above me walked around their room.
If you're going to stay at this hotel, a second floor room is a must- but then you'll have to use the stairs because there is no elevator.

The breakfast is standard fair- plain bagels, two kinds of cereal, and some mini-muffins. The juice machine was functional although the juices were rather off color from what I expect orange or apple juice to look like. The toaster was too enthusiastic, and had to be watched constantly or the bagel would burn. There is no sign posted to this effect.

The staff wasn't overly friendly, but did everything I'd expect. I had no problem checking in late, 9pm.

The hotel is in a very good location- it's about 5 minutes drive from the local mall and maybe 15 to downtown. I was easily able to drive around to Poughkeepsie and New Paltz without stressing out about the drive 'home'. The only thing I'd mention is from Route 9 it looks like there is only one entrance to the hotel (which is off of a one way street), but if you go around the other hotel and restaurant in the same plaza then you come out to an exit which goes out to a light, allowing you can turn in either direction.

For an inexpensive hotel, it met my expectations in most respects. The only issue was the noisy ceiling but a second floor room would solve that.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor won't have creaking ceiling issue- but there are only stairs, no eleva...