“good ice cream” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Dessert, Hamburgers, Fast Food
Media, Pennsylvania
“good ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

It's an out-of-the-way roadside ice cream stand. My wife and I went there only for ice cream, so I can't comment on the food. She had the vanilla ice cream, I had the peanut butter chip yogurt. Both were very good. I'd go back, but am glad to have GPS -- not easy to find at night for an out-of-towner (even one who once lived in the area).

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Poughkeepsie, New York
“Gross as always year after year”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Why pay for crappy frozen food at 5 times the price? It's a kids zone with crappy food and way WAY overpriced! I would never feed my kids at this place!! We'd stop for a soda and play but that is it! Rip off and rude service too! Never going back after trying it many times over the years.

Visited August 2012
dutchess county, ny
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The food is pretty good as well as the ice cream. This place can get pretty crowded sometimes. Prices are reasonable.

Visited August 2012
mamaroneck
“Ice cream and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I love this place and can’t get enough of it. First the staff is very friendly and nice, some just work there and some own the place and I have never had a problem with any of them.
Yea it has a limited menu for food but the food is great and the place is clean. I have had the taco (chicken or meat), nachos grandee, hot dogs, burgers, and burrito, side dish of chili (his is not spicy just the way I like it), and the grilled chicken and vegetable special. All of them were done to perfection and I have had repeats on many of them and cannot complain about any of it. Just this past weekend we tried the eggplant fries with a side dish of sauce. OMG! Never had them before and they were to die for, I give that one a 10 out of 10. The staff is ready to change your order to what you want, not a cookie cutter place like most places.
Now for the ice cream I have had many of the flavors all hard ice cream and they were great. The size portion is a regular scoop and it is enough to keep you happy. By the way → Just recently they offer an apple pie ice cream, which I had with camel sauce. The ice cream was awesome but I did not care for the caramel sauce on it (it was just me because my family member had it with it and she like it that way.) Next time I get it with just a little hot fudge on it. Wife had the pumpkin ice cream and I tried it and like that one also.
They have outside seating under trees and umbrella’s. A nice kids place with rides some cost a .25 some free. Rarely when I have been there did I see I kid not cry when they were leaving the place. They also offer inside seating at clean tables. By the way you have to check out the bathroom never seen that before but if I owned a place that is what I would have in my bathroom.
In short if you love ice cream like I do or just want a quirky place to eat away from the cookie cutter restaurant or diner this is the place for you and your family. PS They have doggie ice cream to for your pet.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Poughkeepsie, NY
“Rainbow Choo-choo Ice Cream Fun for the kids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Debra T's is a very kid friendly and creative ice cream and sandwiches restaurant between rtes 44 and 55. During the hot summer months its "the" place to go with children for a frozen or fried treat. After placing your order from menus with many, many choices your kids can go play on a rainbow wooden train with engine and 3 cars or the large red wooden firetruck while you watch from your picnic bench vantage point. There are also several small coin operated carnival style rides all enclosed by a fenced in yard so losing children to the parking lot is not a problem. The ice cream is Perry's but there are many sauces and toppings for all favorite styles of ice cream treats. You and the kids will love it! We have for many years....

• Visited July 2011