“Found our place in Poughkeepsie, NY” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Poughkeepsie
Virginai
“Found our place in Poughkeepsie, NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Looking for another place to stay after having had a rough go with another in Poughkeepsie, we chose the Residence Inn. We were not disappointed. Everything was in great shape. Service was excellent and helpful. We went everywhere from here: Culinary Institute of America, Hudson Riverwalk, Woodstock, Vanderbilts, Mohonk, etc. Great time and memories thanks to a great Hotel. Breakfast was fresh, well stocked and maintained throughout the morning. .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
brockport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights while my son attended camp at Vassar.I had reviewed the tripadvisor site before making reservations; I was indecisive about the Hampton Inn or Residence Inn.I have reward membership at both chains and like the quality they provide.I have never been disappointed when I stay in either chain. I chose this hotel because of the amenities; indoor pool, hot breakfast,outdoor grill, social event.I selected a 2 bed/2 bath suite. I would recommend this room layout to anyone staying more than overnight. We were never cramped or irritated by a lack of space.The hotel is located in a great location. You can park and then walk to area restaurants and stores. The room was very clean; especially the bathrooms. The warm breakfasts had numerous selections; hot and cold cereal, eggs, waffles,fresh fruit,....An added surprise was the social hours during certain evening...my husband and I weren't sure what to expect; so we went to take a look and sample....the food was very good; this was our dinner for 2 nights.The pool and hot tub are open until 11pm so there is time to unwind after a long day. The area is full of things to do. We hiked at Lake Minnewaska, Walked over the Hudson, Toured West Point, FDR's properties, Vanderbilts, and the Culinary Institute.I am returning to the area at the end of the month for a college tour and will be staying here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rockaway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My spouse and I stayed here for 2 nights sharing a 2 bedroom suite with another couple. The room was very nice - what you'd expect from a Residence Inn. We had a good sized living / dining room / kitchen with couch / chairs and nice sized flat screen TV. The bedrooms had queen beds and were not large, but large enough. Each bedroom had it's own flat screen TV and a bathroom with sink outside. The bedrooms were laid out very well. The night tables each had a lamp with two spare outlets - finally, a place to easily keep my electronics near the bed! There was also a spare third outlet on one night table. The other had a very nice alarm clock / nightlight which gave off just the right amount of light to keep the room dark, but light enough to find the way to the bathroom. The showers were great - lots of pressure out of a good / adjustable shower head. Plenty of room for soap / shampoo / whatever else you need with you.

Breakfast and a local newspaper were included. Very nice to have the local paper vs USA Today and unusual to have a free paper on Sunday. Breakfast was the standard changing hot food plus fruit, cereals, yogurts, fresh waffles, etc...

Overall, a very nice stay with a few minor issues:

1) Breakfast was served until 9:30 (Sunday). By 9:32AM there was no coffee. I would have liked to have seen coffee served throughout the day, or at least have the option of a final refill on my way out.

2) When we arrived, we thought we had misplaced a bag (which was left at home). I called the front desk just before midnight and it took around 15 rings for someone to pick up. They were not helpful / didn't look in the back for the bag - just told me to call in the morning when "operations is on duty".

3) Shampoo & conditioner were given in bottles so small, there was not enough for 2 people. They were also not replaced overnight and we needed to go to the front desk for more....Asked for 2 shampoos and 2 conditioners (for the two showers)...Got back to the room to find they gave me 3 shampoo and 1 conditioner - again...just a sign that the front desk wasn't totally on the ball.

4) Pool was constantly mobbed - we never made it in...Of course, this was random and could have occurred at any hotel.

Overall,though a great place to stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have stayed many times at this hotel. It is well run! It has a nice pool and basketball area. There is a very nice dog run. The breakfast is very nice and the space is clean. The staff works really hard to make everyone's stay perfect and comfortable. There is plenty of parking. It is within walking distance of a Red Robins hamburger place and a CSC drug store. There is a grocery near by also.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Clean, new carpet. We were in a two bedroom, two bathroom unit. Perfect for families. Loved this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for just one night. It is a very nice room with lots do space. The kitchen has pots and pans and everything you need for cooking. The bed was very comfortable. We also swam and enjoyed the hot tub. The pull out bed was large and comfortable and linens were already in the room for my teen daughter. If I had to stay longer, this would be a great place for kids and teens. There is basketball courts, tennis and the pool.

Room Tip: Turn the ice machine on when you arrive. There is no ice machine in the hotel.