“I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was very clean and...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Poughkeepsie

You added Days Inn Poughkeepsie to your Saves list
Days Inn Poughkeepsie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   536 Haight Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603-2432 (Formerly Best Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Poughkeepsie
“I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was very clean and...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff members were polite. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

RupsonHospitality, Manager at Days Inn Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Days Inn Poughkeepsie! We are so happy we were able to provide you with a clean room and comfortable bed! We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Poughkeepsie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have stayed at the Poughkeepsie Days Inn numerous times, always making reservations through Hotels.com. The rooms in the main building have always been clean and appropriately appointed for the price. During our most recent stay, however, our room was in the older detached one-story section. The carpet was filthy and stained, the upholstered chair and ottoman were so stained, I would never sit on it. The coffee maker on the desk would not reach any outlet, the phone was behind the TV, the baseboard heater was damaged, bent & coming apart in several spots, wallpaper was curled at every seam, the bathroom was tiny, and caulking and painting was poor, at best. I would never stay in this room again. The bedding and TV are obvious updates, but just about everything else in the room needs to go, from the carpet, to the wallpaper, the lounge chair, the wall art, etc. I've never complained before about any hotel I've stayed in, but this was terribly sub-standard, especially when previous stays in this hotel were fine, in rooms in the main building.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

RupsonHospitality, Manager at Days Inn Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
First I would like to thank you for being a loyal Days Inn guest. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we are so sorry that you were not satisfied with your recent stay.

Thank you for sharing you feedback with us so that we can make improvements to our hotel for future guests. I have shared your comments with our maintenance departments and they are making changes to the room that you stayed in.

Once again thank you for being a loyal Days Inn Guest.
Wakefield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I met up with a friend from college for the weekend to tour some of the wineries in the region. We chose this hotel because it was in the middle of where we were coming from.

The check-in experience wasn't too bad, but the person working the front desk was a little odd. It was like he was trying to act more like my friend than an employee doing his job. I actually was a little uncomfortable, but he was nice.

I got the key and went to my room. The room had a strange odor and it was a good 80 degrees in there. I didn' think much of the temperature because I figured I'd just turn on the A/C for a little while. That was not possible because it wouldn't turn on. I couldn't stay in a room that hot so I asked for a new room.

The same person from the front desk met us at our hotel room with a key to the one next door. He again lacked the level of professionalism I expect from someone in the hospitality industry. He told us that the A/C in all the rooms were turned off, and that "he doesn't make the rules maaaaaaaaaan". This was not advertised on their website.

At this point my friend had arrived so we went into the second room. It was just as bad as the first. I noticed some cleanliness issues too, such as a large stain on the desk chair. Since the room we were given was not accurately represented on what we saw on their website, we went online and located another hotel in Fishkill. There was absolutey no way I could have stayed there.

We went to the front desk and told him we were leaving, why we were leaving and wanted to confirm our credit card would not be charged. The clerk said we would have to call back later because he would have to check with the manager, which did not work for me. We asked him to get the manager on the phone. At this point he said, and I quote, "You know what...it I'll just give you a cancellation confirmation". In place of the ... an expletive was used, but I am not allowed to say what it was on here. I only mention it because of how unprofessional it was to use such language while talking to a customer and that speaks to the quality of this establishment.

After all was said and done, it looks like my card got charged anyway, which I have already disputed.

I do NOT recommend this hotel. I wouldn't even call it a hotel. It's more of a motel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
We are so sorry to hear about your poor experience at our hotel. We apologize for the lack of air conditioning in the rooms on the weekend that you arrived. With the quick arrival of warm weather our air conditioners had not been properly turned on for the summer season. We did have maintenance get the system up and running as soon as possible. We are so sorry that this was too late for your stay.

There is absolutely no excuse for the front desk clerks poor behavior. We understand that his behavior was offensive and escalated the situation. Please accept our apology on behalf of our hotel and the employee involved.

Please be assured that there will be no charge to you since you did not stay overnight with us. If you have any questions please call us at 845-454-1010 and we will be happy to ensure you were not charged.
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I booked this hotel through the main website several weeks prior to my arrival. I arrived around 8:30pm in the evening and picked up the key to my room. When I entered the room, it was extremely warm. Upon further examination, I determined that the heating unit in the room was not functioning. You could not use the unit for heat or air conditioning – it was completely non-working. I called the front desk and was told that there is a “temperature control” on the baseboard heating unit. At that point, I turned the control completely off and left the room door open to cool down the temperature. I also asked to be moved to another room with a working unit.
The front desk attendant brought a key over for the adjoining room stating that the issue would probably be the same. I replied that the fact you could not control your own temperature was not advertised on their website to which he replied he didn’t make the rules, he just worked there.
We attempted to get comfortable in the new room but had the same problem. At this point, we chose to look for another room in the area because we would not be able to stay there. We went to the front desk to tell the attendant who said he would need to call a manager in order to cancel the reservation. We asked him to do so and he said that it might be a long wait to hear back from someone. It was a Friday night and there was no manager on duty in the building? This makes no sense to me.
He picked up the phone to call a manager and then decided just to override the system himself – explaining this with an unprofessional use of explicit language. He printed a confirmation of cancellation for us, and we left for our new hotel.
The employee we encountered was extremely unprofessional, and the fact that the air conditioning/heating unit within in the room does not work is totally ridiculous. This is unacceptable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Please let us apologize for your experience during your recent stay. We are so sorry that our air conditioners had not been turned on yet for the summer season. Our heating and air-conditioning systems are separate unfortunately the arrival of a hot spring day caught us off guard. Our maintenance team worked all day after you checked out to ensure this problem was taken care of as soon as possible for our guests.

We are so sorry that the front desk clerks poor behavior escaladed the situation. Please accept our apologies on behalf of the management team and the employee involved.
Port Jervis, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We enjoyed our 1 night stay at the Days Inn, the front desk personnel were very friendly, rooms were good. We enjoyed the fresh baked cookies that were available.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the cookies that we provide to our guests at check in!

We are so glad that you stayed with us on your bowling trip. We are within 2 miles from the Mardi Bob bowling alley where the NYSUSBC Women’s Bowling Tournaments are being held this year! We hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to the Poughkeepsie area.

Been to Days Inn Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!