“enjoyed our celebration” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian, Latin, Tapas, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Bull and Buddha is located in a newly restored building in the heart of Poughkeepsie's revitalized Main Street. Offering a chic yet casual setting, Bull and Buddha blends an understated urban interior with exotic Asian design elements, including a hand-carved two ton Buddha that greets entering guests from behind the bar. Bull and Buddha offers Modern Pacific Cuisine, with influences spanning from Peru to Japan, and an emphasis on local and seasonal ingredients. The diverse menu offers 26 dishes, each carefully selected and designed for sharing, while our beverage program focuses on the basics done well: bold cocktails, balanced sake and fine tequila. We are excited for you to experience our vision.
Wappingers Falls, New York
“enjoyed our celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Recently brought my daughter there to celebrate her college acceptance. I have been to this restaurant several times when it was run by the previous owners, so I didn't know what to expect. The food was delicious from appetizer to dessert. The service was excellent. The manager even showed us the upstairs which I asked to see, because I might book a graduation party there. Of course the menu has changed, but what we did order was quite good.
My only concern was that on a Friday evening it was quite empty. I remember a time when if you walked in without a reservation, even on a weeknight, there was a long wait at the door. Couldn't understand it, because the food was very good and reasonable ( an appetizer, two entrees ,including salmon, drinks, and dessert came to 68), which I thought was reasonable given the quality of the food. The dessert we had was amazing, my daughter and I were fighting over it. Anyway, hope the word gets out about this place so that it will grow as it should.

• Visited March 2013

Saugerties, New York, United States
“We won't be back.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

When I heard about this restaurant coming soon, I was really looking forward to it.
As advertised, the decor was impressive. I especially liked the light around the Sushi bar.
My friend & I were in a great mood when we started but that was soon crushed. We brought out our new electric cigarettes & proceeded to puff occasionally when our waiter informed us that these non-cigarettes were not allowed there. We assured him that there was no smoke created & that these were not real cigarettes. He repeated that the owners do not allow fake cigarettes to be used in any area of the restaurant. My friend, who was using this method to help her quit smoking was quite unhappy about this rule. Where would they draw the line? Would they allow candy or gum cigarettes? Or are they banned too? Both of us decided right then & there that we would not be returning to this unwelcoming place with a ridiculous rule. In addition, the food was over priced with small portions. It's too bad because I wanted to like it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Palm Springs, California
“Destination Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you have read any other review I've posted, you know I don't post unless I mean it. This is one of the most creative, savorable restaurants in the States. Puerto Rico/Laotian/Mexican, etc. global cuisine. Some say the flavors are assertive; I'm so tired of tasteless, boring American cuisine that we came back a second night to believe it was so incredibly good. And it was. Skip Blue Hills at Stone Barns and drive further to experience the new world of cooking sans pareil.

• Visited March 2013
Poughquag, New York
“Food preparation a problem, service rectified the situation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Sent back my dinner twice due to being improperly cooked, ultimately it was removed from my bill. The manager dealt with my complaint swiftly and well! I loved the Leche Martini, the bar scene is awesome - what a great place to be seen. The decor is one of the best visual pleasures that the Hudson Valley has to offer and is truly inspired. It really is one of the best locations visually that I've dined in in the Hudson Valley to date.

“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at Bull and Buddha four times since September 2012, right after they launched a new menu. I have not been disappointed. Twice I was there for their regular dinner menu, once for brunch and once for their Christmas Prix Fixe menu. Each time was a great new experience. My favorite dishes are the apple and walnut salad with caramel dressing and the shrimp tostones. Like others have said, you get NYC food for Hudson Valley prices. You can tell how much passion the chef has for his profession, and how much the cooks and waitstaff love their jobs. It was such a wonderful experience all around. They just put out a new menu, and I can't wait to go back to try it!