“Great morning/day trip for our young family!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Caverns/ Caves, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: 23 Miles north of Lake George & 90 min south of Lake Placid, hike self-guided tour & explore the Largest Marble Cave Entrance in the East, waterfalls, gorge, caves and much more: guided adventure tours, gemstone mining, 18 hole disc golf, climbing walls, dino digs, crystal quest & gold rush mines, picnic & playgrounds, butterfly exhibit and an extensive rock, fossil and gift shop. Rental units available. Open every day late May - mid Oct and Fri-Sun from mid Dec - mid March for Snowshoe Tours of the Stone Bridge and surrounding property.
Queensbury, New York
“Great morning/day trip for our young family!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had a lovely morning at Natural Stone Bridge and Caves with our 2 boys (3yo and 1yo). For the views and natural beauty that is there it is perfect for a young family to explore without long distances. Our 3yo was especially into the trails and walking paths/bridges and didn't asked to be held once because he was so excited. We are so happy we went and we will be back - thank you for a great trip!

Visited May 2012

Lake George, New York
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Not sure why people are complaining about it not being hiking, of course it's not hiking and it has never been advertised as such! And others complaining about paying... of course! You have to pay for a lot of things, why not this? Someone owns it!
My husband and I took our 2 young children and we had a blast! It is absolutely incredible! You can go inside the caves and see waterfalls etc. It is so beautiful and you get a good workout, too! :)

For the more adventurous, you can go on a 4hour guide, through caves, water, tight squuezes etc. I'm too scared!

But take the family, it's beautiful! We will be back soon!

Visited August 2011
Glens Falls, New York, United States
“Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I thought that this was a great location for families to go on a nature walk to see various rock formations/caves. The up and downs of the trail were good for a little exercise. The staff was very friendly to my group and they had fun "mining" for gems. We did a picnic lunch on site next to a playground (there was some food you could buy). Gift/Gem Shop was great. I would reccommend this for a family who wants to see nature in a controlled setting.

Visited July 2012
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Fun, uncrowded way to spend an afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have been to Natural Stone Bridges and Caves a few times and will keep coming back. This is a unique, geologically interesting slice of the Adirondacks, and it's great for all ages. No, this is NOT hiking...Anyone who complains that you have to pay and can't hike here should take a quick trip in any direction, because hundreds of miles of actual hiking trails are literally within a 20-minute drive. Instead, this place is worth the admission because you can experience some natural rock formations and caves that aren't readily available on a hike. I have brought my kids here (2 and 5) and they love it too.

Visited August 2011
Shirley, New York, United States
“Favorite Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I am reading all of the hurtful words that many people are writing regarding this place and I find it unbelievable. I have been going to this park for years on my annual family trip to Lake George. Although there are restrictions for safety reasons; the sites are simply amazing. To stand there and take it all in is very grounding; and you cannot put a price on that! The cost is reasonable for the serenity I get from this location.

Even more so; I just got engaged at this location last week. The owner, whom you all are bad mouthing, went out of his way planning with my fiance whom he had never met, and catered to us and didnt charge one cent other than admission (which I was expecting of course)! They even gave my family of 25 each a free souvenir to remember our special day.

It is family owned, and the property has been passed down from generation to generation. They have every right to continue to charge people for access and you should be grateful they are welcoming you onto their beautiful property!!

i am young and active- I've hikes mountains in the Poconos and snowboarded too- and I LOVE STONE BRIDGES AND CAVES!

Visited July 2012