“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Brambles Inn and Gardens
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   48 Elm Street, Potsdam, NY 13676   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Potsdam B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed one night to visit Clarkson University. My daughter and I stayed in the Thomas Clark Room. It was quite spacious in that room. This room is toward the front of the house, so some road noise is able to be heard. The bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed reading in the living room downstairs. Eleanor brought out a stack of magazines that she thought I might like and I read two of them. We got to choose our breakfast time (I believe we might have been the only guests that night). My daughter had some stitches in her lip and needed a softer food diet and they accommodated her needs wonderfully. Breakfast was delicious. We had blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt with fruit, cinnamon coffee cake and more. If she chooses Clarkson, we will definitely stay here every trip we can.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

My daughter and I came to The Brambles Inn & Gardens to stay for SUNY Potsdam orientation. I stayed two nights, she one, but both of us felt the same way about The Brambles. From the moment we arrived and rang the bell, our innkeepers were very warm and welcoming. We originally had the Knowles room reserved, but were upgraded to the suite. Very spacious accommodations, serene, clean, with beautiful country inn touches all around. The included country breakfast was marvelous. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2011
East Schodack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We stayed at Brambles for one night while my son attended a Clarkson University open house - Being early Spring, the snow had just melted so we didnt get to experience the gardens - however the house is beautiful - our room was a little small for three of us - but we made due - it was very quiet which was refreshing. The Inn was booked, so I expected to hear others in the rooms next to us. Couldnt hear a peep.

We were offered two breakfast seatings 8 am or 9am - we chose the 8am as we had to be on campus early - the scent of fresh coffee and bacon was a delight while getting ready in the morning. Arriving at 8am in the dining room was a fabulous surprise. The beautiful table was set and awaiting our arrival, a lovely yogurt and granola parfait topped with fresh strawberries, juice and coffee. Wait, there is more - home made banana bread, banana walnut pancakes and bacon! The perfect start to the day.

Great place to stay! I highly recommend staying at Brambles!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Ripley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

We stayed here to visit our daughter at Potsdam University. We were there for 7 nights and loved every minute. The property is so beautifully furnished and maintained in its Victorian era style. The owners were wonderful to us and nothing was too much trouble. The first room we stayed in was lovely with period furnishing and very comfortable bed. As we were there for a week the owners then very kindly offered us a bigger room as it became available and just added to whole postive expereince of staying there. The breakfasts were unique and varied each day - all homemade .
The only minor downside was the steam heating system that we were not used to and did wake us up - but does add to the charming character of the place. I just want to go back!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed at Brambles Inn and Gardens while our daughter attended her orientation at Potsdam. Eleanor welcomed us and told us where our room was and asked what time we wanted breakfast. My husband had to leave about 5:30 for work and wouldn't be able to stay for breakfast. She offered to make him a bag of goodies to eat on his way to work. The next morning he found his goodie bag in the butler's pantry and headed to work. He called to let me know that it contained a homemade blueberry "crumble", a pastry, grapes and juice...he was very impressed with his breakfast..."Thank you Eleanor".
We loved the room...it was comfortable, lovely and I didn't want to leave. I couldn't stay for breakfast either as I needed to get to the college...but I will be back and will take in the breakfast next time...I am looking forward to it. Thank you again for welcoming us into your home. I will recommend you to all my friends.
Michelle W.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Brambles Inn and Gardens? Share your experiences!