“NOT original New York Bagel” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Bagels
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Massena, New York
“NOT original New York Bagel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is the only "bagel" place in the area for my husband and me, so we thought we would give it a try. Their sign says "original new York bagels". Let me tell you----they are NOT New York bagels! I lived in Long Island New York for 5 years and their bagels are light and fresh. The Bagelry's bagels are anything but that. Their bagels are thick, dense, and do not taste fresh at all! You could get a better tasting bagel at the local grocery store (cheaper too)! We paid almost $3 a per bagel (which is not a bad price for a GOOD bagel). Now for the service part. The people are friendly but it took almost 15 minutes for us to get our bagels. All we ordered was one with cream cheese and the other toasted with apple butter. Everyone else BEHIND us was getting their sandwich orders. When I approached the worker behind the counter and asked about our bagels, she asked another gal who said, "oh yeah, I put them over there." Our bagels were cold. We were so hungry and the store had gotten busy so we didn't want to send it back. The town in which this store is located is not big nor were there that many people in there. We won't ever go back and I seriously recommend that you save your money and just get a bagel at the local grocery store.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Arlington, VA
“Surpassed All Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Let me first start by saying that in my hometown (Arlington VA) I have the choice of 3 bagel joints within a mile. This place beats them all! The bagel was as good as any but they win hands down on the quality of their other ingredients-- fresh cracked eggs, real cheddar cheese and well spiced sausage all added up to a superb breakfast sandwich. Now, these individually crafted sammies take time so be prepared to be patient. It's worth it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
nkdewitt
“Good bagel, decent coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was staying at the Clarkson Inn for a business trip, and instead of paying for the overpriced breakfast there, I decided to grab a bagel and coffee at The Bagelry. It was a great choice. I got a plain toasted bagel with veggie cream cheese and I was not disappointed. Had I stayed in Potsdam longer I would have gone there for breakfast and lunch every day. They have a variety of bagel sandwich options (breakfast and lunch) and at a decent price. The coffee was fresh and hot, and it was pump yourself which is always nice because you can control how much of everything goes into your cup. The service was also very friendly and fast. Great little shop! I hope Wal-Mart doesn't run them out of business like other little businesses along this same strip. It would be a shame for The Bagelry to go.

Visited February 2013
Boone, North Carolina
“Great Place for Locals and Visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We used to live in this town and made this a weekly visit. Great bagels and bagel sandwiches. Nice place to hang out and read the paper, visit with friends, or just pick up a bakers dozen for the road!

Visited August 2012
Lynn, Massachusetts
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

And inexpensive perfect place for a breakfast. Yummy bagel sandwiches that rival that of New York City.

Visited August 2012