“Awful hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Port Jervis

You added Days Inn Port Jervis to your Saves list
Days Inn Port Jervis
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2247 Greenville Turnpike & SR 23, Port Jervis, NY 12771   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Port Jervis
Medford, Massachusetts, United States
“Awful hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I read the reviews on Yelp and Tripadvisor and knew it was nothing special. I knew it was going to be a cheap basic hotel. But I never thought it was dirty, gross, grimey, and generally unacceptable as a hotel. But we needed a cheap place to stay for a wedding nearby. Ugh, never again!

We found animal droppings in the pull-out couch of our King Size Bedroom. When I notified the older gentleman working the front desk, he didn't even apologize. He simply asked if I wanted to switch our room. I blankly stared back at him because I was speechless. He said the same room size was not available but he would call if another one became available. It happened the next day but we were already on our way out to the wedding.

In addition, the window of our room had spider webs in the corners. We found hair in the bathroom. It was just disgusting everywhere. The only reason we could sleep through two nights was with help of alcohol.

Forget their continental breakfast. I'd rather eat high school cafeteria food.

The only reason why I didn't give one star rating is because after I filed a formal complaint, the general manager offered me a refund for the one night stay. His response was prompt and I appreciated the refund. But you'd think him and the staff would read these reviews to avoid these situations and get their act together.

Unless you're foreigner who can't read these reviews or you're a junkie, avoid this place at all cost!

Room Tip: Check everywhere in the room to make sure it's clean.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
nyDavid95, General Manager at Days Inn Port Jervis, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize about the experience you encountered. Please know that your concerns will be addressed. It was a pleasure having you and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Also, we appreciate all of the valuable input you have given about the property. Thank you, General Manager - Days Inn Port Jervis, NY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Let me start by saying this is not what we expected. This hotel is so run down it needs a complete makeover. It was totally unbeliveable. Being a property manager I would be embrassed to work there. I do have to say the hotel staff was very helpful and pleasant but so very poorly trained. We where there for 5 days and it just kept getting worse. Our room was so dirty from the sofa with stains all over it, to the shower that was never cleaned, the ceiling that was completely falling down. Second day there I recieve a shock from an extention cord when I plug in my cell phone charger. I put the cord on the bed with a note saying that I recieved a shock from it and it was no good. No-one asked me anything about it nor did the bother to replace the cord? Day 3 I tried to open the window and the plate glass came out of the frame, The washer machine was broken, and our key cards to the room only worked when we had them reprogramed daily. When we went to get one of the cards reprogramed we where told by the gentleman behind the counter we would have to wait because he didnt work there? The maid service was just as bad the first day she was wearing spandax pants and a half shirt, the room was not vacuumned the entire time we where there. I would never stay here again. Days Inn should be embarrassed that they allow this place to be even opened for business.

PORT ALLEGANY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I chose this hotel for the price, half what we'd pay at our final Hudson Valley destination an hour east. This Inn is located close to I84, yet still somewhat secluded, near gas stations with good prices. When we got to our room we found that the TV didn't work, and there was no way to phone the front desk, so I went down to the lobby. We were moved to a Business Place room - 241 - with a sofa, coffee table, micro and fridge, which is actually what I had original reserved. There was no bathmat, and towels only for one. The breakfast is offered in a real restaurant type setting with padded booths - wafflemaker, breads and cereals. Acceptable, but definitely budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a Business Place room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us! It was a pleasure having you and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Also, we appreciate all of the valuable input you have given about the property. Thank you, General Manager - Days Inn Port Jervis, NY
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on 8/9/13 to 8/11/13. It was horrible!! I was with my husband, my mother in law and my 3 year old son. The room smelled like cigarette smoke even though I requested non-smoking. The bathroom was so dirty, there was stuff on the wall, the shower curtain was stained and moldy, had to ask to have it changed because I refused to bathe my son until they changed it. The beds were ok but who ever made the bed abviously did not care how they did it. I found the pillow literally thrown on the bed. The windows were stained, the remote had something sticky on it. It was just a horrible experience. The continental breakfast was mediocre, the coffee was horrible, they just offered milk no creamer or non-dairy creamer, the sugar was open, the juice was watery, the pastries were old. When I checked out I told the young man my complaints and he took them and apologized and said a manager would call me, never received the call. And to top it all off I received a receipt with my name on it with someone else's address and information on it. I didn't expect a 5 start hotel but I did expect comfort and cleanliness, especially if I paid $118 dollars a night. I got the feel of an nasty overnight motel instead of a Days INN Hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here until they do some upgrades on their services, cross over to PA you will probabl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thurman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff and services at the Days Inn is 100% ..... our room looked towards the mountain and pool great area. It is a good location places to shop, eat and get gas cheaper due to it being in the state of Jersey.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Port Jervis? Share your experiences!