“It was any port in a storm (Hurricane Sandy)” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Port Jervis

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Port Jervis to your Saves list
Days Inn Port Jervis
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2247 Greenville Turnpike & SR 23, Port Jervis, NY 12771   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Port Jervis
New York City, New York
“It was any port in a storm (Hurricane Sandy)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We lost power, heat, water, everything at my house during Sandy for more than a week. I was able to book two nights at the Days Inn, 21 miles away which I thought would be a relief from this hardship. Not only did the hotel have no hot water, the stench of cigarette smoke, and animals was awful. The arm on the chair in my room was badly gnawed by some sort of animal which you think would have been replaced. Continental breakfast was yodels and some fruit and bagels. One of the gentlemen at the front desk was absolutely rude. While I was grateful to have a dry bed and heat in the midst of the storm, I checked out after 1 day and drove 2 hours to a friends house to stay for the rest of the week. Hurricane aside, I think this is the way the hotel would be even on a good day. The property is run down and the staff does not seem to have any incentive to make it better.

Room Tip: Doubtful if there are any good rooms. If available, go 3 miles into Matamoras PA to either the Hamp...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Daysinn1PortJervis, General Manager at Days Inn Port Jervis, responded to this review, January 16, 2013

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 845-856-6611.

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
ALTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Spent four days at this Days Inn and the staff was very friendly. Other than the carpets in the hallway needing cleaning, the stay was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 845-856-6611.

PISCATAWAY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I reserved a room that the website said slept 5. When I arrived, the room we were assigned only had 2 double beds in it. I tried to call the front desk but the phones were out. The only alternative the desk clerk could offer was a roll away, which was old with a thin mattress that hurt my daughter's back, and there was no blanket available for it.at.all.

The worst thing I noticed about the hotel was the smell in the hallways, whicih smelled like old beer and cigarettes (probably because they offer smoking rooms, a practice that I think should stop). The hall carpeting was badly stained. The room also smelled a bit, and the closet smelled like old socks. The room furnishings, carpet and bathroom were older and the bathroom was not that clean. There was no waste basket in the room, only in the bathroom, so that if someone was in there you could not throw anything out. The cheap remote control did not turn the power off or on for the TV so you had to get up to do it, which was inconvenient when turning in for the night.

The breakfast room appeared to be newly renovated and was very nice. However, there was a poor selection of foods--Little Debbie or HoHos are not good breakfast items. There weren't even any muffins--just plain bagels, waffles, cereal and apples, juice and coffee.

Also, it annoys me that I was not able to get any kind of points for my Wyndham Rewards for this hotel, and for other hotels whenever I was getting any kind of discount. The other hotel chains I use do not do that.

It was not a place that I would want to stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these Port Jervis hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Dirty and dismal. For $110.00 per night I expect the room to be clean and it was not, the lobby looked clean and the manager was clean and polite but the room was old, tired, dirty and it was questionable as to whether the bedding had actually been changed between guests. We found it appalling.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Daysinn1PortJervis, General Manager at Days Inn Port Jervis, responded to this review, September 25, 2012

Days Inn Port Jervis

Been to Days Inn Port Jervis? Share your experiences!