“Very beautiful view, but not quiet.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Danfords Hotel & Marina to your Saves list
Danfords Hotel & Marina
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25 East Broadway, Port Jefferson, NY 11777   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Jefferson
“Very beautiful view, but not quiet.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When I got to Danfords at first, I was very happy because the view of the sea from my room was so beautiful. However, at that night, a party was held by a group of people in the hotel, and they made big noise until over 12:30am. Even, there were lots of people who were riding motorcycles nearby until 1:00am. Thus we could not sleep well. I felt it is a type of a location for a party rather than an accommodation.
All in all, the scenery around the hotel was quite beautiful, but it was too noisy there.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Relaxing...perfect view of the marina...very nice surrounding port Jefferson...the morning walks on the beach are as if taken from a movie...rooms are spacious. Staff very friendly. If you take rooms on the upper levels you will have a better view of the beach. One note however: make sure that the bed sheets have been changed. I had two beds in the room I was in: one bed was clean and the other one still had sheets from the last guest and the bathtub was not cleaned. When I called house keeping, they directly fixed that. Breakfast is not really that good.

Room Tip: Get rooms on the upper level to have a better view of the beach.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Oakdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am writing this review a little late, but I stayed at Danfords back in August. My husband and I had a pleasant stay. The staff was friendly and the food at the restaurant was delicious. We just didn't really care for the breakfast as the omlettes prepared for us really didn't have much taste and the french toast was a little dry. But overall, I would most definitely return for another stay. We had a great water view from the balcony of our hotel room! Very cozy and the grounds have beautiful landscaping.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The resort is unique with small buildings scattered along a street in front of the main building each occupying a few guest rooms.

The rooms were very nice, large, updated. Free wifi, nice TVs, good shower and bed. There isnt really much more you need.

Only complaint is that our room didnt have a minibar (J4), but not a deal breaker. We were there with a wedding party so we got to see each others rooms. It appears that some rooms within the same category offer balcony's, so be sure to ask about this when booking!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

What a lovely hotel with lovely staff.The rooms were very clean and tidy the maid came every day tidied the room and changed the towels.The food in the bar ( fish and chips / burger ) were really nice and the bar staff and waitresses were really polite and helpful.my one and only gripe is that the breakfast menu is a bit lack luster but we went to TOAST up the road which was lovely .All in all we had a really nice stay at Danfords and would recommend it to anyone..we stayed in room G20 which didn't have the best view but a nice one all the same.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hauppauge, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at Danford's in late September for one night as a surprise for my girlfriend for her birthday. We stayed in the King Water View Suite which had a balcony overlooking the water. The balcony was shared with two other rooms but I don't think anybody was in the rooms that night so we basically had our own private balcony. The suite was incredibly nice and the bathrooms were awesome. They have huge showerheads and even a sitting area inside the shower. Some people who wrote a review complained about the parking lot and how it interferes with the water view, but it really doesn't. You can easily see all of the great yachts and boats and the water. We stayed out on the balcony the majority of the time and we took walks around the boardwalk and got an up-close view of the boats. There's even a little section where you can walk on the small beach.

I got the elegance package, which I would definitely recommend. Came with champagne, breakfast, a late checkout (1PM) and dinner at the hotel restaurant Wave. You also have the option to add things like flowers, chocolates and wine additional fees to make the night even better. I did that and my girlfriend appreciated it. The food at the restaurant was great but pricey, so the elegance package definitely helped. Before dinner we went to the bar and had the nicest cocktail waitress help us out and accomodate us with whatever we needed. I never got her name but she was fantastic. After dinner, we went to a comedy show called "Friday Night Faceoff" at Theater Three which is only about an 8 minute walk from the hotel. It's an improv show similar to "Whose Line is it Anyway" and it was really funny. They even did a shoutout for my girlfriend after I emailed the Creative Coordinator, Vinny.

Finally, the breakfast was unbelievable. They had an omelet bar, freshly squeezed orange juice, a buffet line with everything you could want and a whole lot of other options. That also came with the elegance package. Overall we had an outstanding stay and every staff member was great to us, especially Trevor at the front desk. All of the employees I talked to were great and they even showed me the suite before I booked it so that I could get a feel for what I was getting in to. Only things to complain about: the ipod dock station was broken when we got in (but there was someone within 5 minutes who came and replaced it), the A/C was a little weird and didn't seem to work but when I asked the front desk they had someone come up while we were eating dinner and fix it for us, and the entrance and exit door to get to our room was pretty loud so it was a bit obnoxious when people were coming in and out of our section. Other than those very small things, we had a great time and would definitely recommend it to any couples who want a fun night with a harbor view, a great dinner and a little romance.

Room Tip: Definitely get a harbor view room. Whether it's a suite or just a king room, having the view of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mt. Sinai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We booked our sons wedding rehearsal dinner at Danfords ( we live locally). The location is picturesque and the hotel is quaint and inviting. From the initial planning to the end of the event, everything went smoothly. The staff was professional, easy to work with and left no detail undone. The food was not only delicious it was presented beautifully. Kudos to the chef and the catering staff, you made our event an evening to remember. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Danfords Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!