“Don't Sleep at this hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The New Heritage Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Jefferson
The New Heritage Inn
You added The New Heritage Inn to your Saves list
201 W. Broadway, Port Jefferson, NY 11777   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Port Jefferson
New York
“Don't Sleep at this hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

This motel reminded me of something from a C Rated horror movie. The beds were about 6 inches off the floor, pillows were thinner than thin. They provided shampoo conditioner in packaing that McDonald's uses for ketchup. The staff were rude. I had made the reservation cancellation policy is 48 hours. After going to the room, p.s. the door frame look like it had been broken into and the room smelled like you were in the port jefferson bay i was horified. We were in that town for a dinner dance at Danford's just up the marina bit. The staff agreed they would refund me. I told them that the board of health and hotel association would probably shut down their business. I was able to get the last room at the danford Marina (very beautiful by the way). Very old and i felt unsafe. would have slept in my car that night.

Solo
Business
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

I have never seen plastic walls that had water damage yet this was what I was greeted with when I walked into our room. I could not believe that they actually charge people to stay at this dump, they should turn it into a homeless shelter and I can almost guarantee that it will remain empty.

This place looks and feels like the Bates motel.

Fairfield, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

The moment that my Bentley turned into the parking lot, the first thing my wife said was, "You're kidding, right?" I insisted we give it a shot because I thought maybe it was one of those "nasty-chic" motifs that are all en vogue these days. The desk clerk was a cross between Roseanne and Sloth from the Goonies. The cold, dank motel room interiors were consistent with the funked up and stained exterior. The bedding was gross. The towels were the same yellow as a smoker's teeth. My friend refused to touch the door knob so I had to let her out of the room. I've never been to Port Jeff before but after staying at the Heritage, they should rename it Weezy Jefferson.

New jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Upon arrival i felt like i had pulled into a Motel where someone could have been reported missing. When we walked into the room I think it was about 30 degrees. We had to stand over the heater for half an hour for warmth while it heated up. I think I had a better TV when I was 9 years old. The towels were like 20 year old sandpaper. My friend in the next room saw bugs and bolted out of there after the event. I stayed but got up at 7am and bounced. Would I recommend it? Yes to my worst enemy.

Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Let's just say half of the people who were supposed to stay there left and drove back home. I stayed at the Danford which was like the Four Seasons comparatively.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

This is a cheap, run down no-tell-motel. Unfortunately, we stayed here over the 4th of July with 3 families in 3 rooms and I was embarrased because I made the reservations. We wanted out so bad that we were calling other hotels in the area at midnight but were stuck cause of the Holiday. Small rooms with ants throughout. (Which they tried to blame us for). Noisy a/c units. No customer service. Not one of the staff knew the owners' last name. They gave me the run around when we complained. I'm taking it up with American Express. Port Jeff is awesome but stay away from the Heritage.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Fairfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

Needed a place just to spend the night with a group of 12. Wanted something inexpensive and close/ walking distance to town. checked in very early some rooms were ready left the luggage and left. the rooms were small and needed to be renovated (not updated renovated). bathroom was very very small. No blow dryer.... only 1 night stand. bathroom was clean but old. One bath towel was so dingy gray i had to use a hand towel after my shower.
Pros: walking distance to town if you just want a place to sleep and go.
Con: not that inexpensive.

• Stayed June 2009

Been to The New Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!