“Run away as fast as you can” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The New Heritage Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Jefferson
The New Heritage Inn
201 W. Broadway, Port Jefferson, NY 11777   |
NY
“Run away as fast as you can”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

I have never seen plastic walls that had water damage yet this was what I was greeted with when I walked into our room. I could not believe that they actually charge people to stay at this dump, they should turn it into a homeless shelter and I can almost guarantee that it will remain empty.

This place looks and feels like the Bates motel.

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Fairfield, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

The moment that my Bentley turned into the parking lot, the first thing my wife said was, "You're kidding, right?" I insisted we give it a shot because I thought maybe it was one of those "nasty-chic" motifs that are all en vogue these days. The desk clerk was a cross between Roseanne and Sloth from the Goonies. The cold, dank motel room interiors were consistent with the funked up and stained exterior. The bedding was gross. The towels were the same yellow as a smoker's teeth. My friend refused to touch the door knob so I had to let her out of the room. I've never been to Port Jeff before but after staying at the Heritage, they should rename it Weezy Jefferson.

New jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Upon arrival i felt like i had pulled into a Motel where someone could have been reported missing. When we walked into the room I think it was about 30 degrees. We had to stand over the heater for half an hour for warmth while it heated up. I think I had a better TV when I was 9 years old. The towels were like 20 year old sandpaper. My friend in the next room saw bugs and bolted out of there after the event. I stayed but got up at 7am and bounced. Would I recommend it? Yes to my worst enemy.

Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Let's just say half of the people who were supposed to stay there left and drove back home. I stayed at the Danford which was like the Four Seasons comparatively.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

This is a cheap, run down no-tell-motel. Unfortunately, we stayed here over the 4th of July with 3 families in 3 rooms and I was embarrased because I made the reservations. We wanted out so bad that we were calling other hotels in the area at midnight but were stuck cause of the Holiday. Small rooms with ants throughout. (Which they tried to blame us for). Noisy a/c units. No customer service. Not one of the staff knew the owners' last name. They gave me the run around when we complained. I'm taking it up with American Express. Port Jeff is awesome but stay away from the Heritage.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Fairfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

Needed a place just to spend the night with a group of 12. Wanted something inexpensive and close/ walking distance to town. checked in very early some rooms were ready left the luggage and left. the rooms were small and needed to be renovated (not updated renovated). bathroom was very very small. No blow dryer.... only 1 night stand. bathroom was clean but old. One bath towel was so dingy gray i had to use a hand towel after my shower.
Pros: walking distance to town if you just want a place to sleep and go.
Con: not that inexpensive.

• Stayed June 2009
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

Tried to book a stay on my credit card with this establishment as a gift for my daughter's birthday. Was told I would have to be there to sign the receipt. This was totally ludicrous to me as I have never "had to be there" to sign for a gift with any credit card purchase over the phone.

My daughter, then, booked the reservation with her own credit card. However, the next day there was an emergency with her children and she had to cancel. They told her she could not cancel within a 48 hour period.

I believe this establishment will now charge her credit card company for her stay when she does not show up and will rent the room to another guest and therefore, reap two charges on one room. This, to me, is a very disreputable practice.

Stay away from this place!

Stayed August 2008

Been to The New Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!