“Terrible service wont be back” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nessa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 106 Restaurants in Port Chester
Cuisines: Italian, Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wilkins Ave
Transit: Port Chester Train Station Metro North just a few blocks away.
greenwich
“Terrible service wont be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Recently moved to the area and tried Nessa. Had a nice table outside, ready to enjoy a casual meal and wine with my lady. Then the rudest waiter I have experienced in a very long time ruined our night. Everything we inquired about, like "any special dishes it is our first time here, or do you have a Malbec, or can you describe a dish" was met with almost utter disdain. Even my lovely, kind hearted and relaxed European GF said "wow this guy is pretty rude". Hi sname was Christopher, and on a $100 bill he got $1, and maybe that was too much. Unfortunate, but I have to say that we won't be back, maybe this guy will get fired for being rude to PAYING customers at some point and we will try it again

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Tiny but great appetizer disappointing entre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is a loud restaurant where conversation is difficult. The wait staff has a lot to learn and the menu is really different. I found the gorgonzola bruschetta to be excellent but the 2 quarter size pieces where really tiny even at only $3. I found the raviloi to be heavy and the sauce was overpowered by the balsamic vinegar. Reasonably priced.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, Connecticut
“Excellent food at this hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am so pleased that a friend told us about Nessa. Somewhat unusual spot, but well worth tracking down. Every bite of food we had was just excellent -- appetizers, main courses and desserts. We particularly enjoyed the bruschetta appetizer -- different varieties and cut into pieces, great for sharing -- and the Nutella and banana dessert, yum! Pasta cooked just right. The service was quite good as well and it is a lovely place -- dark and intimate feeling, but definitely casual and with more of a hip/upscale vibe. Prices are pretty typical for the area, but I do think the food is well worth it. Many places in the area charge high prices for very average food -- there is nothing average about Nessa. Definitely going back!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Great Romantic get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I went to this Rest. and ate outside on the patio. Excellent food very nice atmosphere. Prices are reasonable. The food is absolutely magnificent.

Visited July 2012
Rincon, Puerto Rico
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I just loved Nessa's! The place is very warm and inviting. Lovely touches, (loved the flowers) The food and service was very good. I especially liked when "Pete" the owner, introduced himself, and asked how everything was. I will definitely go back and I do recommend it

• Visited November 2012