“Disguisting food!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 restaurants in Pond Eddy
Cuisines: German
“Disguisting food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

First of all the food is HORRIBLE. I think it was the worst meal I've ever had in my life. Their menu is a weird mix of American, Ukrainian and German food. I am Ukrainian and I can say that the people who created the menu didn't see or taste Ukrainian food in long, long time. We ordered many different dishes and every one of them looked and tasted like crap. Even simple salad that came with my entree had many rotten greens. I don't even understand how they can allow the person cook whoever is in the kitchen. I literally couldn't eat anything I ordered. Even such simple dishes as potato pancakes and vareniky were tasteless and completely disguisting. Owners should fire their cook. Or if the owner is the cook, please realize that you shouldn't cook for people.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“The Millbrook burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stopped by on Saturday the 24 th, had the Burger with Gruyere cheese was great , fries were perfect,,all matched up with the woodstock cider....Will not drive by again without stopping for a meal

Visited August 2013
Forestburgh, New York
“Wunderbar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Such a wonderful time we had! The food was excellent, service was excellent, ambience excellent. Can't wait to go back. Piece de resistance, salad for two with hot bread.

Helena

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vero Beach, Florida
“Rustic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The resturant was very rustic. the scenery was beautiful. Waitree was excellent and the food was good. nice old fashion bar with great food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hyannis, Massachusetts
“Home cooking at a family run restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

As I was sipping my Franziskaner Weiss beer last weekend and waiting for my herring in wine appetizer, my wife and I reflected on the fact that we had been enjoying the wonderful atmosphere, beer, and food at the Millbrook Inn since before we were married 22 years ago! This has always been our favorite restaurant in the area and with the exception of Tre Alberi in Barryville, it is the only one still around after all this time.

The atmosphere and interior of this old inn probably hasn't changed much in the last 100 years. The walls are paneled with wood, there is a stone fireplace, and the decorations are local found objects and nostalgic pieces. But it is certainly the food that attracts one to the Millbrook Inn. The menu is not extensive and is heavily weighted towards traditional German cooking. All the menu items are made to order. Some of the menu items are Konigsberger Klopse, Sauerbraten, rouladen, a plate of three kinds of Schnitzel. The side dishes are usually sauerkraut and spaetzle. In the fall or winter they generally have venison pie which is absolutely terrific. I hope the Millbrook Inn continues to serve traditional home cooked food for another 20 years.

• Visited September 2012