“ABSOLUTLEY FABULOUS” 5 of 5 stars

914-741-0717
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Horse Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“ABSOLUTLEY FABULOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

EXCELLENT!!!!!, Incredibly Lovely & Savvy Staff. Hands Down this restaurant is on top of it's game! I had the peaky toe crab & the scallops both dishes had Beautiful Presentation & were Amazingly Divine! This restaurant truly has a Charming Setting. I will be frequenting Iron Horse Grill.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Armonk, New York
“Hadn't been there in years......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I heard restaurant was sold but always liked the "adult" style room. We were so pleasantly surprised at the welcome, the service and the menu. We had such a pleasant and delicious dinner, that I made a future reservation for a couple of weeks ahead. Also a lovely surprise of being offered an after dinner digestivo on our 1st visit with new owners. So looking forward to a return visit with similar results.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hastings on Hudson, New York
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was our go-to restaurant to celebrate birthdays and aniversaries. Sorry to say we will not return. The new owner offered us a free brunch on the house after ruining our dinner. I made a reservation and he then reneged on the offer. Just plain weird. We won't go back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Briarcliff Manor, New York
“Sorry to say...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I ate dinner there this evening. Sorry to say it is not the same top notch restaurant food that we have enjoyed at the Iron Horse Grille for many years. It turns out that this restaurant was sold a few months ago and there is a new chef. The food has gone from 5 stars down to three stars. We had a conversation with a couple at the adjacent table. They said their experience with the taste of the food was also disappointing. On the positive side, the maitre de and waitress were very nice and tried very hard to please.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
South Salem, NY
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I went last evening to the Iron Horse. Snow was in the forecast and I was the only diner, several good sized parties having cancelled for reasons of the weather. I ordered the Chardonnay that was available by the glass. I was not especially pleased with it and told the waiter who then brought me a glass of the Sauvignon Blanc to see if I preferred that. I told the waiter that I would wait to see how the Chardonnay went with the two dishes I had ordered - the timbale of Peekytoe Crab with avocado and the seared shrimp that was being offered on the San Antonio themed special menu. It turned out that the Chardonnay - a bit lighter and less "oaky" than what I like best - worked fine with the appetizer and main course. The maitre d' upon noticing that I had finished the one glass of Chardonnay poured me a second with no charge. The food was exceptionally good and the service and attention to my concerns was outstanding. This is likely my 4th or 5th visit to Iron Horse and my first since the change in ownership. It remains a clear choice when in the area and the benefits the restaurant offers to members of the nearby Jacob Burns Theater make it an even more compelling one.

• Visited March 2014