“My Favorite Restaurant in Town!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pepper

The Pepper
13 City Hall Place, Ste 1, Plattsburgh, NY 12901-4933 (Formerly The Smoked Pepper)
518-566-4688
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 115 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Plattsburgh, New York, United States
“My Favorite Restaurant in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I love this restaurant, I have been here many times and I've never been disappointed. The food is always fantastic and the margaritas are always good too! I've tried many things on the menu but the fish tacos are my favorite, I wasn't sure about fish tacos before I tried them, no I love them! Don't forget to look at the specials board, they're always doing something creative at the Pepper. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Plattsburgh, New York
“One of the worst dinning out experiences I've ever had!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I had stopped in here on a thursday to get a bite to eat, this was our second visit to the pepper and our first experience had been good so we figured we would try it again. It was horrible! It was earlier in the day so it wasn't busy, there was three to four tables of people while we were there. We were seated right away and our waitress immediately came over and took our drink order. Two minutes later when she came back with our drinks she asked if we were ready to order I wasn't so we asked for a couple more minutes. When I had decide we folded our menus and set them away from us to signal we were ready, after 10 minutes of waiting I had to wave to our waitress to get her attention. Our food did come out in a timely manner and it was alright the portions were good for the price. As we ate our waitress never once checked in on us not even to ask if everything was good or to see if we needed refills on our drinks even though she walked by our table several times.
Once we were done eating it took another 10 minutes to flag down our waitress to get a to go box and our check. During that time another member of the staff, I don't know if she was the owner or just an older hostess came over and ask how everything was, I responded "good but......" at that point she literal cut me off and said great and preceded to walk over to the table next to us. Once we finally got our waitress's attention she brought us a to go box and the check quickly, which completely shocked me, but when we wanted to be rung out ( we were paying with a card) our waitress was no where to be found. At this point I felt like she was actively trying to avoid us and we both were so frustrated with the experience we just wanted to leave so after waiting a little over 5 minutes trying to get her attention my boyfriend went up to the bar to see if we could just there. The bartender, an older man, was incredibly nice (the only helpful friendly employee we encountered during our visit to the pepper) found our waitress so we finally could be cashed out. When we left no one even say goodbye our have a nice day.
Needless to say we will not be returning to the pepper.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
albany ny
“Ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The nacho grande I got was good and so was the salsa. The service was ok...it really could have been better..i almost felt like I was bothering the bar tender that day..she seemed more interested in talking to her friends than asking me if I wanted a drink refill. Would go back for salsa and chips.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“Bland food and bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I have tried this place a few times. Every time I go in it is always packed so someone is doing something right. I think it might be the great drink specials. I did finally find something with flavor. The tortilla soup, I have tried different things but they are so bland, I literally had to spit it out. My homemade salsa is 100 times better than theirs. Whenever someone recommends this place for a family get together, I decline. I will not be going there again.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
plattsburgh, ny
“If you can't stand the noise,wait for an outside table!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The problem with that is that no one wants to give up an outside table once they have it they tend to stay. This wasnt our first trip to the Pepper but we sat inside despite the noise anyway because we really wanted to eat. Service started slow but the waitress did apologize and things improved although we did wait quite a while for the kitchen to put out our meal. It doesn't seem so bad after a couple of very good drink specials. After we ate, we commented to the waitress that we wished we could have sat outside. She came back later and said that some people were leaving and she would get us the table if we intended to stay. So we did, had more drinks and dessert and sat outside under the stars. Food is good but a little expenive for what you get. 2 enchiladas,a scoop of beans and a small serving of rice equals 17.$ Only really bad thing is the inside noise.

• Visited August 2012