“I'll be back!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Plattsburgh
Charlotte
“I'll be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed there for the first time recently. I usually stay at the Days Inn nearby but they were full this evening so I gave the BW a call. They had a few rooms left and took my reservation for a late arrival. The HoJo architecture is easy to spot; property has been well maintained and with good parking. Much shopping/ many restaurants within walking distance and staff was superb. My only complaint (didn't mention to the staff) was the slow WiFi - ethernet; no other complaints. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Call ahead.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bob S, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Smithfield, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I appreciate the comments especially about the staff. My family built this property as a Howard Johnson's and converted it to a Best Western in 1968 and became a Best Western Plus in 2011.
Our bandwidth is normally is sufficient for high speed connections and exceeds all requirements of the brand. That said as you probably know it can slow down depending on the amount of users and what they are doing such as streaming videos from Netflicks. I will continue to monitor the usage and increase bandwidth as necessary.

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My girlfriend Line and I stopped at the Inn at Smithfield on our way back from New York to Quebec City. WHAT A GREAT IDEA !!! We were very impressed by our room. Everything was nice and very clean. Above all, our room really smelt good. The burger restaurant just next to the hotel was also excellent and the prices were OK. Bed was very comfortable. We attended a great breakfast too the next morning in the hotel facilities. From now on, we will always include a stop at the Inn at Smithfield when driving to New York. Again, thanks for a great relaxing stay at the very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Smithfield, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
It was very nice of you to acknowledge us on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the support. We really do pay attention to feedback no matter what the source. The use of TripAdvisor not only serves the public but also the entire industry.
Safe travels to you and your family
Quebec City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our way back to Quebec City. We enjoyed the friendly welcome we received and the room was very comfortable.
The only negative side of our visit was the size of the pillows. They were way too thick.
My wife had to une the cushion to sleep on but as for me, I was very comfortable.
They have a great indoor pool and the breakfast was enjoyable.
Apparently the owner has a dog (this is a pet friendly hotel) and my wife was a bit dissapointed that she didn't see the dog when we checked out.
All in all...............a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We had room 105 and it was very quiet and somber for anyone who wants to stay in bed for a while.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Smithfield, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thanks for using TripAdvisor and your thoughtful comments. I am sorry our pillows were too soft. Jackson my dog and the pet concierge is normally on property with me most of the time. Be sure to ask for us and we will gladly say hi
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We decided to spend a night at best Western in Plattsburg. the booking for our rental car got mixed up between Pitsburgh and Plattsburg NY it was a chance meeting with one of the finest hotels I have been to. Great beds, bathrooms well equipped and swimming pool just outside our sliding door. In the morning a fantastic buffet breakfast was served in a semi outdoor dining room. It was a stay worthy writing about. BY 9:30 our car was ready for our trip to Ottawa via Massena and beautiful, historic countryside, through Akwasasne Reserve and past their huge Casino. Great place Plattsburgh!

Room Tip: Ask for the room backing on the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bob S, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Smithfield, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you very much for the taking the time to write a review in TripAdvisor. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

The confusion between Plattsburgh and Pittsburgh happens often even in TripAdvisor spell check. Both are great places to live though.
coopersburg pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our party of two couples stayed only one night and found this hotel to be average. I had made arrangements to be picked up by the hotel shuttle at the train station. Our train arrived about 15 minutes late, yet no shuttle service was waiting for us. The train station was closing, leaving us to wait outside, so we opted to take a taxi (a $15.00 cost), not sure if the shuttle was coming to pick us up. When we got to the hotel, we were told the shuttle was on the way to pick us up. So how long should guests wait to be picked up? The rooms were clean and comfortable, but the heating/ac units are noisy and did hinder a good nights sleep. Staff at this hotel are very friendly, helpful and caring people. We did use the hotel shuttle to return to the train station and had an enjoyable ride with a delightful young lady to transport us. Breakfast was standard fare, nothing outstanding to note.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Smithfield, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for using TripAdvisor in addition to our own survey we use.
As discussed with you in e-mails yesterday the train was late and we did send a staff member to pick you up. He also had to pick up a traveler at the airport. With the train being late he went to the airport first and was on his way to pick you up at the train station when you were taking a taxi.
The HVAC unit in your room was inspected and I believe most of the noise may have been generated by a loose cabinet on the frame of the unit.
I am sorry you felt our complimentary hot breakfast with eggs and meat was only standard. I am always looking for ways to improve our complimentary hot breakfast for our guests.
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have stayed at this particular hotel many times and our stays have consistenly been excellent. This hotel has a swimming pool, laundry area (just one washer/dryer), exersise room which is adequate, two restaurants, one of which is attached to the hotel- The Ninety-nine and The Ground Round Grill is a few steps out the back door adjacent to this hotel.
We like several things about this hotel. First, the selection of restaurants nearby makes it very convenient if you don't want to drive, second, the price is usually reasonable for the rooms and third, every time with have responded to the survey that is sent after your stay, we have received a personal reply from the owner, whether the survey was good or bad. I find this to be rare these days, the fact that someone actually cares what we think and takes the time to respond. Kudos! Thus, we feel that this Best Western is a great value!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Smithfield, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you very much for using TripAdvisor and your very favorable comments about my hotel. We really do try our best to listen to what our guests and staff are saying regarding our business. Thank you for acknowledging those efforts. These comments allows us to be more aware of issues that may occur and corrected quickly or pass on compliments to the staff where appropriate.
Safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a evry good stay. The room are very nice and clean the people are so friendly and will be there again.Love the breakfast The hotel is one of the best in town and price is great. Will tell all my friends to stay therethey will have the best time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Smithfield, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out the survey and using TripAdvisor. It was very nice of you to acknowledge the staff and I will be sure they see your comments.
Thank you for your business and support

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Smithfield? Share your experiences!