“A Good Sandwich; Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Fun atmosphere, waitress extremely helpful. You can order your steak at the begining (see the steak) and choose how you like it, they have a variety of potatoes to accompny this steak. You can have 2 sides with it, and if you are with someone who does not want their sides then you can eat their sides too. Tthe rolls are baked fresh every 2 hours and are warm when served to you.
Plattsburgh, New York
“A Good Sandwich; Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Felt like a burger last night so we headed down to the Roadhouse. Used their Call Ahead system which worked very nicely. Although they weren't real busy, we walked right in and we were seated immediately. Probably saved us a 5-10 minute wait. My pulled pork sandwich was very tasty. Although a bit on the dry side, a little extra BBQ sauce fixed that problem. My wife's burger was cooked just as she requested. I appreciated being able to substitute a sweet potato for the standard steak fries at no extra cost. Above all, the service was great. Our server, Erin, was very attentive and prompt. Management even stopped by the table to ask how we were doing and whether or not there was something else we needed. Atmosphere is fun at the Roadhouse. As their t-shirts say, employees seem to really "love" working there. Good sandwiches, good value, and a comfortable atmosphere all created a nice dining experience.

Montreal, Canada
“Salt lick...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We ordered the pickle chips, because well... it was something we never tried before... we should have known better and skipped it. They were just so salty and the heat of the frying just made it feel even more so. The Cesar salad was... salty. The ribs were... salty. The green beans were... salty, wet and gross. The chili was... salty. The pulled pork was... salty. The saving grace for this meal? The sirloin steak was cooked to perfection and the meat was extraordinarily tender. And the amount of food that is served is obviously too much food, because everyone was leaving with doggie bags. You might as well order one meal for two people, especially if you aren't local. Or maybe we should have ordered from the children's menu.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Texas Roadhouse is just their name not indicative of quality or taste”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Was in Plattsburgh NY for a shopping spree and stopped in for supper , Since it had just opened I was thinking it was going to be at its best - well it wasn't . I ordered the specialty hamburger and my wife the chili ,,my hamburger was overcooked and lacked taste ,, the patty did not taste meaty just plain and my wife's chili was quite cold and runny ,, the fries were just OK . Overall " texas roadhouse " is just another chain steak house - nothing extraordinary yet a little on the pricey side . For a good meaty burger I would have preferred 5 Guys Burger and Fries any day !!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Plattsburgh, New York
“Felt rushed!! Too loud!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

I went out to dinner with my son and my neice. The server was not very attentive, the only thing she did was take our order and bring our drinks. We had to ask for silverware after recieving food, the food runner didn't notice we didn't have silverware for our salads. We only had our salads for 2 min when our food came. The server gave us attitude when we asked for dessert, we got the big brownie it was horrible. The most tastless brownie i've ever had in my life. I had to ask another server for our check, because our initial server never came back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Quebec
“New Kid on the Block!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Excellent Steaks, Good Value! Must try the deep-fried dill pickles!

Visited March 2012