“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
Albany, New York
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I have been traveling to Plattsburgh on business for many years. I tried several hotels in the area, and in my opinion this is the best. Their customer service is excellent. When I first began traveling to Plattsburgh, I was staying at a different hotel and the swimming pool temperature was cold. I called the Comfort Inn and asked them the temperature of their pool. They told me, then invited me over from my hotel for a swim. Thereafter, I switched to the Comfort Inn until it burned down. During the rebuilding period, I was forced to stay at a different hotel during my monthly trips for well over one year. When I discovered it was open for business again, I made a reservation. The same desk clerks--DJ and Becky-- immediately recognized me by my name as I walked in the lobby after an absence of more than a year, and made me feel welcome as if I were returning home. They also remembered my room preference, and gave me the same room. I will continue to return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
mystery8792
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We travelled with a sporting group and booked the breakfast area for a team pizza party. When arriving at the breakfast area, it was decorated for a birthday party. When inquiring at the front desk, I was informed the hotel offers a birthday party swimming/pizza package and the room had been booked to someone else. We were moved to a small room on the 2nd floor that was not acceptable for 16 players, coaches, families and fans. Our event crowded into the halls with people sitting on the floor. The desk clerk then approached me and explained the birthday party guests had been waiting for a very long time and requested we offer our pizza (which I ordered an hour before the hotel) to the birthday party guests and take their's upon arrival. I declined. The staff was not accommodating by any means and rude for our groups two night stay. More upsetting for frequent travelers, they do not honor the Choice Privilege Point Rewards for group stays, this information is not documented on the hotel or Choice Privilege website. We tried the Comfort Inn & Suites because of the indoor waterslide - the pool is 3' deep, an interest to toddlers but not to teens. We have routinely stayed at the Best Western Smithfield Inn in Plattsburgh for group events and have been very satisifed, received a cheaper rate, clean hotels, Reward Points were honored, and the staff is always pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2011
winthrop
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We were staying there for a sporting event,First we asked for NON-Smoking rooms and they gave the whole group smoking room,Then when they did come up with NON-Smoking rooms they double booked my room,I also asked for 2 queen beds because I have a family of 5,I did NOT get it, instead I got a king bed with a very uncomfortable couch.the people at the front desk were RUDE and did not care about the customers at all.Nothing was done like they said it would be they have a pool that is 3ft deep,Yes it would be great if you only have toddlers.OK now to the good part,My son was taking a shower and had his cloths ,shoes and cell phone on the back of the toilet so they wouldnt get wet,Well about 5 min into it he started to yell to me, as I was walking in I saw water pouring out from underneath the door as I opened it I saw water shooting out from the spout over the curtin and onto his cloths and cell phone,I dried it up as much as I could went to the front desk and got the worker,she came up and taped it with electrical tape,DID NOT see if it even worked,I told her that his cell Phone is ruined and sneakers were soaked she told me That they had driers or use a hair dryer.Now its 12:00am she wants me to spend my money for drying and spend another 2hrs blow drying sneakers.Ok well you get the picture I had to fill out paper work for the cell phone beacuse they would not get ahold of the manager for me so needless to say its been 10 days and still no word....Oh yeah with all the problems in the bathroom I failed to mention this was the brandnew suite big and nice but very poorly remodled..Like I also said its been 10 days and I thought I would have atleast got a phone call from the manager to appoligize for what happened.It is HIS responsibitiy as a hotel manager..

• Stayed March 2011
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Stayed here due to weather conditions. Never knew this place had so much to offer! We live near by in Vermont and are planning a trip back asap. Their bar wasn't open yet, but will be soon, can't wait to get back. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
plattsburgh, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We actually live here in Plattsburgh, but we stayed here so we could take the kids swimming during the day, then they went to Gma's and Gpa's, so we could go dancing for my birthday! (They have two water slides and a little kiddie water park; one half is one foot deep and the other half is three feet deep) The kids had a blast! The rooms were nice and clean, roomy, and the bed was comfy. The continental breakfast is pretty good too, they even have waffles! There is a Perkins attached to the hotel which is convenient, but we ate there and service wasn't great. But as far as the hotel goes, awesome!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We stayed at the hotel on December 31st and we had a suite. We arrived earlier than the expected check in time but the staff gave us our room so we were really happy and surprised. The suite was a little small but still quite comfortable and pretty. The pool with the waterslides was great for the kids and the breakfast was good. Our room was clean and very quiet. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

We stayed two nights.We kept getting lost navigating the hallways that all looked alike as well as constantly going through CLOSED fire doors. The pool is not really a pool unless you have kids that are under 5 or like water slides. The only place for the adults is on a chair. The continental breakfast was good. There is also a Perkins restaurant attached to the hotel. Rooms are nice but a bit small. Still enjoyed our stay but hope they will resolve the door issue.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!