“Nice place, good price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice place, good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Nice affordable place, clean and the staff was very nice. Good breakfast and good variety.
When we go back to Plattsburgh we surely stay there again.
It's close to the shopping centre and a lot of restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We drove down from a great vacation in Quebec City. We arrived around 7:00 pm & went right out to eat & hurry back to rest. When we got back we found a surprise in the toilet & big black hairs in the tub. We called down & the girl barely apologized & said "I'll be right up. Give me a minute. I am all alone" Yes the girl taking care of guests coming in at the front desk, had to clean our room as well. She apologized politely and then took 5 minutes to clean the toilet, tub, skip the sink and then sniff the sheets to see if they were clean. She was in the room for a grand total of 6 minutes. We were speechless, it happened so fast. When she left we checked the room & found dirty sheets. I called down to tell her that the sheets were in fact not fresh but rather stained and soiled and there were hairs in the sink. There wasn't any answer. She was busy checking in guests I guess. We packed our bags and left @ 9:45. I told her in the lobby that we couldn't possibly stay in that dirty room and she told me that the hotel was full. Have a nice night.

It seems that any further apology was too much to ask for or a little help in finding us another room, somewhere. We drove until 1:45 am until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. We found a hotel in Queensbury.

Good Luck if you book here. You may need it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Woodbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We Needed a Place to Stay after a Long Drive from Quebec Canada, to Break Up Our Trip Back to Long Island.La Quinta Inns and Suites was Close Enough off of Rt 87 so We Booked a Room.The King Room was Clean, Spacious, and the Bed was Super Comfy.We Checked in Close to 9:30 pm and wanted a Place to Eat as Well...Lindsay at the Front Desk was Super Sweet and Very Helpful. She sent Us to Texas Roadhouse right up the Road and even Gave Us a 10% Discount Coupon. If I was ever in the Plattsburgh area again, I Would Definitely Stay Here. :)

• Stayed September 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. This time I was not too impressed with certain things. 1) the toilet handle was broken, although working ok to flush. but leaking at the same time. Reported it to the front desk. 2) I booked room on line through booking.com, Thought I was booking with Laquinta directly. I got a price of $119 US or $125 Cdn. When I got my bill the hotel had charged me $129 US and not $119 as was on my confirmation. I called the hotel to ask why they charged me $10 over what I was confirmed at. They told me they do not get all the information from the 3rd party and if I had a complaint I should call Booking,com. I think the hotel should have honoured the confirmed price I received. When taxes are added there is a fare difference with the $10 over charge. I was not happy to say the least.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel was wonderful for my family. We slept for one night but everything was perfect , we came late due to our long trip but the person at the hotel was very kind and took care of our needs very quick

• Stayed August 2013
Stratham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had to book a room at the last minute and we arrived at La Quinta. They had what we needed, so thank goodness for that. The room was clean and well done, even had a ceiling fan which I don't ever recall seeing in a hotel room. A microwave with plugs in the front too! Nice to see the pool and excercise room being used by other guest as well. The inclusive breakfast was a bit of a let down, both in content and presentation. The so called omellettes were more like a mini frisbees kept in a covered dish that wasnt kept hot. The coffee was terrible but there is a Panera's nearby. In fact, after two visits to up state NY we are beginning to learn to bring our own coffee when traveling there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Plattsburgh? Share your experiences!