“Delicious, healthy, and different” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 115 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Cuisines: Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Reservations
Description: You really need to check this out - it is a true gem. They serve Nepalese, Bhutanese and Tibetan food. Please let me know when you do so that I can write a review.
Vermont
“Delicious, healthy, and different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

It was fun to try a different type of food in Plattsburgh. The menu is broken into 3 sections- Tibetan, Bhutanese, and Nepali food, and the waiter was so helpful, since just about everything was unfamiliar. We were a party of four, and each tried something a little different, and everyone loved their food. The portions are not big, but just about right, lots of flavor, lots of vegetables, and the steamed bread accompaniment was soft and good. I love experimenting and trying different foods and we enjoyed our dinner. We want to go back and try the Saturday brunch soon, it also looks very interesting!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rochester, NY
“What a surprise find in Plattsburgh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

A superb and most unusual restaurant to find in the North Country of New York State - the food, the menu, the decor, the paintings and artifacts on the walls of this small Tibetan, Nepalese, Bhutanese restaurant. The owner was very friendly and helpful, and shared his family's most interesting background in Tibet and Bhutan. We had the house specialty, which had an exquisite, complex sauce. He explained that he had worked on it for -as I recall - 12 years to get it "just right". The prices were very reasonable. The restaurant alone would be worth going out of your way for.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Fabulous food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The food tasted so good that I can't wait to go back again. My chicken dish reminded me of an Ethiopian dish called doro tibs--really delicate and yet deliciously spiced. The soup was unlike anything I've ever had, but so good and filling. We all shared the 3 meals and each one of us loved all 3. Really unique and delicious meals. Owner served us and she was very friendlly.

Visited June 2014
Indiana, PA
“Really good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is our second trip to Plattsburgh but unfortunately this place was closed the first time we visited. Wow am I glad it was open this time! Food, atmosphere, and presentation are very authentic. The staff is wonderful. Delicious and cooked to order, so it may take a moment but worth every moment. If I could give 6 stars, I would! Highly recommend.

Morristown, New Jersey, USA
“Something really different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is not a steak and seafood joint. It is an adventure into unknown (for me) culinary territory. The food is spicy, fresh and interesting. Lots of well prepared veggie dishes for those looking to find a place for their vegan friends. You definitely need some coaching before ordering - which the server is happy to provide. I was surprised to find a place like this in Plattsburgh. It definitely has the Burlington look (or even Montreal or New York). It's worth a try!

• Visited June 2014