“An absolutely beautiful property! Will visit again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Point Au Roche Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plattsburgh
Point Au Roche Lodge
You added Point Au Roche Lodge to your Saves list
463 Point Au Roche Road, Plattsburgh, NY 12901   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Plattsburgh B&B and Inns
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“An absolutely beautiful property! Will visit again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My partner and I had the opportunity to stay at the Point au Roche Lodge on the last night of vacation before flying out of Burlington Airport. My only regret is not spending more than one night at the lodge. It was absolutely beautiful!

We were greeted by Karen who gave us a quick tour of the lodge, told us about breakfast and then showed us to our room. She was very warm, friendly and welcoming.

We stayed in the Gardener Room, which was very comfortable. The room had a queen-size bed, which was very, very comfortable. We also had a balcony shared with the room next door, which also provided access to the garden downstairs. The bathroom was clean and roomy. About the only thing I would have liked to see is a better shower head, but I can surely overlook that for how wonderful everything else is!

Also provided in the room is a wonderful guide for the area, which included a list of local restaurants. We decided to have dinner at the Happy Pike in West Chazy and we couldn't have been happier. It's a very simple restaurant, but the food was excellent, the service was great and the atmosphere was very relaxed.

Breakfast provided in the morning was also excellent. We had the choice of a ham, chive and cream cheese omelet or blueberry pancakes. We both got the pancakes and they were absolutely delicious!

The common areas were also very comfortable and included a guest fridge, books, games, etc. There's also a catwalk that leads to another balcony not attached to any of the guestrooms. It was definitely a beautiful touch to the building!

We will definitely be back to the Point au Roche Lodge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Point au Roche Lodge is just about perfect. My partner and I stayed for 6 nights whilst on vacation from Australia and used it as a base for visiting the surrounding area (the Adirondack, Montreal, Burlington VT, etc) and decided to opt for this B&B because we couldn't bear to stay for this amount of time in one of the highway hotels in Plattsburgh. It was the best decision ever as this inn is a real gem which really added value to our stay. We had the Flower Room which was light, , a spa bath, a great bed and had a wonderful deck from which to observe the surrounding parkland and wildlife. Karen and Creston were amazing hosts, very friendly, helpful and genuinely interested in us having a good time. Breakfast was a joy each morning. Not only was it good quality and cooked to order but the breakfast room looks out over the rear garden which is full of the local birdlife - so both entertaining and relaxing. We couldn't recommend this B&B more highly - if you stay there you won't regret it!

Room Tip: All 8 rooms have great views
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Billerica, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I love to stay at b&b's and we decided to stay somewhere in the Adirondacks to get away for a few days. We decided on Point au Roche Lodge simply because it was the nicest looking and had the best reviews. Not to mention that it was also the most reasonably priced of all the other b&b's in both the Adirondacks and northern Vermont. It's central location allowed us to take a short drive west into the mountains for some hiking one day, and a short drive (including ferry ride) east into Vermont to do some shopping and sightseeing in the Burlington area. Karen and Creston are excellent innkeepers and they keep the place spotless! Breakfast is phenomenal, with each dish cooked to order. My girlfriend is an early riser and would always eat her own breakfast before I even woke up, but our hosts were more than happy to serve her a light plate of fruit as a snack while I was devouring my delicious french toast. Having the state park literally across the street was also very nice for early morning/evening walks. We enjoyed our stay thoroughly and will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We traveled to Plattsburgh, NY for my daughters college graduation. Not a big surprise that all the chain hotels along the highway were over $200 a night on graduation weekend. During my search for alternate lodgings I found the Point Au Roche Lodge. The website and reviews looked good and about the same price as a chain room I could get a luxury room at point Au Roche. We stayed in the Flower room and my parents had the Weaver room. Both were very spacious, private deck, large jacuzzi, fireplace and large comfortable bed. The hosts, Karin and Creston, were wonderful and helpful. There is wireless internet, but no TV's anywhere. We also had my six year old son with us and he was welcomed and engaged by the hosts as well. He loved bird watching at breakfast and said that he wanted to live there, even with no TV. If I described how we all loved the breakfasts you would think I was exaggerating, so I'll just say that you won't be disappointed. Only 15 minutes from downtown Plattsburgh so getting to the college or restaurants is a snap. We are looking forward to next spring when my daughters boyfriend graduates so that we have an excuse to visit Point Au Roche Lodge again.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Florence, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

My husband and I love Point au Roche Lodge, where we stay on short Adirondack vacations and to visit family in the area. The breakfasts are the best we've had anywhere. The place is peaceful, and there are no TVs! It is a wonderful retreat.

Point au Roche State Park is across the road, and provides beautiful scenic walks. Some of the rooms overlook a gorgeous field, where deer can be seen, as well as beautiful sunsets. Other rooms give a partial view of Lake Champlain and Vermont's Green Mountains.

Karen and Creston are fabulous hosts. We wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in the Plattsburgh area. This is the best.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. You get a jacuzzi and fireplace if you pay more.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Point Au Roche lodge for two nights while in the Plattsburgh area for work, at the recommendation of a local work contact. I had a fantastic time!! The lodge is warm and inviting, and very comfortable. Karen and Creston are great hosts. There is a fantastic great room with vaulted ceilings, incredibly comfortable furniture and fireplace that is tended to nightly. I loved curling up on the couch with a blanket, a book and a drink (the owners offer beer and wine for sale). The full breakfasts were so tasty and filling--I had a spinach and cheese omlette on the first day, and baked apple stuffed pancakes on the second day. If you enjoy birdwatching, the breakfast room has a wall full of windows and binoculars. Finally, the lodge is across the street from the Point Au Roche state park. Creston let me borrow his snow shoes and provided a map, and I had a great time tromping about the park--picture postcard views. I highly recommend staying here and will definitely stay here again when my job takes me back.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Hunter Room, which was conveniently located on the first floor and had a very nice v...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We loved the Lodge - it's a beautiful place in a lovely setting, you could see Lake Champlain from our window. We stayed in the Planter room and the bed was outstanding, the jacuzzi tub and fireplace were welcome as it was chilly outside. So romantic!! The citrus French toast was the best I've ever had - Creston and Karen were wonderful hosts. Highly recommended and hope to visit again!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Point Au Roche Lodge? Share your experiences!