“Unconventional layout, good service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Plainview
Tennessee
“Unconventional layout, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Spent one night at this property on a short getaway. This property is in a residential neighborhood near a hospital (only heard one ambulance during my stay). Front desk staff were knowledgeable and friendly. They provided printed directions to local shops and attractions, including nearby movie theatres. They also checked us in and out efficiently. The parking lot near the entrance is small and spaces are tight. There is an underground garage that was well-lit and seemed safe. There is also another surface lot down the street a short distance (room key required to enter). As typical of ResInn, huge breakfast area with a large buffet of numerous items. No need to leave the property for breakfast. Exercise room was awesome. Treadmills, ellipticals, weights, and even a sauna. Rooms were clean and bathrooms had tub/shower units with glass doors. Overall, good stay in a safe area.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Carmel, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here for 1 week on business. Had a great suite, king bed 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. I never used the kitchen because they provide a full breakfast each morning, and then a full Dinner each evening with beer and wine. I think its a great value, everyone is so friendly and the rooms are big bright and clean! The Lobby and pool area are large and updated. This is one of the nicest Residence Inns I've been in. Definately the best value by far with the meals included. When staying in Bethpage area of Long Island this will be a great choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Concord, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I spent the weekend with my family in mid-July. If this had been a rare stay at a Marriott, I would never return to one. Fortunately for the Marriott chain, we stay frequently and know this horrible experience was due to a very poor staff and not the chain.

I asked for two rooms close together on a top floor and ended up with two rooms far apart on the first floor, one of which was right next to the front desk and front door. The pools (one lap pool and one outdoor) were supposed to be open but the lifeguards kept leaving and closing the pools (lifeguards are required). The refrigerator in one room was so loud it kept waking us up and the air conditioning in the other had the same effect. The topper: I found hair in my eggs at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel JUNE-OCTOBER 2011 my company made this reservation . The staff is friendly and attentive. The hotel is a bit older and was not originally a hotel. The lobby décor is out dated and needs to be updated. The pool area is better than most residence inn pools with plenty of seating and lounge chairs. The complementary food is nothing to write home about. The parking is free but not enough on the property so most times we had to park across the street in a hotel owned lot. The oddest thing is the fake predator bird machine that plays throughout the day to help keep birds from inside the covered walkway. We did not eat at the restaurant because of the prices but did eat at the bar while watching football. There is a nice (Sometimes Themed) BBQ in the pool area one day a week in the summer.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear the fake bird machine, ask for a room NOT on the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Newburgh, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night after celebrating our grandson's 1st birthday. When I arrived at check in, I mentioned to the front desk that I had a busy day and I was extremely tired so she upgraded our room to a lovely large suite right off the elevator. I was worried because it was over the front entrance but I did not have any noise complaints. My husband needed to get something out of the car and while on the elevator, dropped the car keys down the elevator shaft. The front desk and maintenance went to work immediately. Unfortunately they were unable to retrieve the keys that night, but they placed a service call to the elevator company. The keys arrived unmanaged via mail today. Nice hotel with full kitchen amenities. Nice breakfast area with a view of the outdoor pool.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I'm actually still at this hotel, but I have to write some of this as I haven't experienced service like this before. When we arrived the front office staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Thank them for that. We got to our room, which slightly smelled like smoke, but not enough to make me complain. However, the room next to us started to have a party that night. For a while we didn't complain, but then people were singing and making a huge amount of noise. I called the front desk who was very polite and said they would call. I heard the phone ring, but not even a level of quieting down took place. So I called about 30 minutes later. Front office was very nice again and said he would go to the room. I heard the doorbell ring, but within a minute the noise was back. I called again and told him that they should get a manager and kick people out of the room. He said no manager was available, but they could move my room. So we moved rooms (the only one available was directly above the party room, but much quieter. I was amazed that rather than kick out people who probably infrequently stay at hotels, they would rather move a traveler who frequents Marriot brands!

Next item was trying to get cleaning service for the room. We asked the first day if the cleaning staff could come back in an hour after we left. We came back and nothing was cleaned. Not a big deal. Second day we made sure to ask them to clean the room since we were leaving. Came back and no cleaning. So I called and they said a supervisor was right on it. An hour later, no cleaning. Called again and finally the cleaning staff came.

Overall the hotel is generally in good shape, front office staff nice, but I overheard multiple similar complaints about actually getting things done.

Room Tip: Certain rooms can be a very far walk. Important to ask if you have a person with limited mobility.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New Orleans, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Good -- convenient location and freeway access, clean housekeeping, friendly staff, good amenities (pool, exercise room, business center), decent Monday-Thursday dinners and daily breakfasts (but just standard food, nothing to write home about).

Bad -- located next to a fire station (wailing sirens at all hours of the day/night can wake the dead), extremely noisy heat/ac unit, absolutely horrendous satellite TV (loses signal every few minutes, cannot watch a show without numerous interruptions), equally horrendous wi-fi signal (weak, cuts out constantly).

Overall, this place might be OK for one or two nights' stay, but for long term (e.g. 1+ months), all the "bad" and annoying things really add up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Plainview Long Island? Share your experiences!