“Really enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 76 Restaurants in Plainview
Merrick, New York
“Really enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

A group of us ordered from here on a recent Friday night. Delivery time was 30 mins, which is acceptable for a busy Friday evening.

We ordered a variety of pizza/pasta dishes and all arrived as ordered, very hot and very good.

On Long Island, we have many choices for pizza/italian food, and really the menus are very similar at all of these places. I do have to say, that although the menu is comporable, this place stands out for quality & consistency.

I ordered the pasta primavera, which came with lots of fresh veggies & just the right amount of sauce to accompany the whole wheat penne.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Peter, what have you done?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This past Saturday my wife and I were joined by my son, his wife and their children at Marios. We all enjoy their food as well as their friendly service. A nice place to have dinner.
I ordered the Lasagna my wife ordered the veal cutlet with pasta bolonaise, my son ordered the veal with pasta garlic and oil. I won't go on because no one was happy with their food. For the first time. My lasagna was over done and dry. I asked for additional sauce but that didn't help. There was no taste. My son's veal was identical to that veal my wife received, small squares of veal as if they were cut from left over pieces from another meal. I know that would never happen but in the past when we ordered veal we received a good portion and it was a real deal veal cutlet. His garlic was burned and I do mean burned. He brought that to the atention of our server and he took it back to the kitchen. Our server returned with a replacement in about 10 minutes and my son said "I think the cook made new pasta, fried new garlic and used the same oil" because the second order was not much better than the first. My wife' s veal, as mentioned was not good and her pasta bolonaise was so lacking in sauce that I complained that our entire meal was far less than expected. Our grandchildren had pizza. Maybe the regular cook was off. We have been Mario's customers for a very long time and I guess there comes a time when everything goes wrong so we'll take a deep breath and try again. If things are as bad as this the next time I will assume Peter has made lasting changes and we will need to find a new Italian restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Coram, New York
“Mario's simply Marvelous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Service was quick and attentive especially since was on a Friday night. Decor was very nice and best was the food. They serve you fresh Italian bread and garlic knots which were excellent. We ordered a pie with 1 topping to share and couldn't have enjoyed it more, well done with fresh ingredients.
Mange!

Hicksville, New York, USA
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great food. Good portions! Always leave with leftovers. Staff is always friendly. Plenty of seating available, I recommend sitting upstairs for the most privacy.

Hicksville, New York, United States
“Best Pizza in my area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Marios is always my first choice for Italian takeout. Their white pizza is the best! We also love any chicken dish we've ordered, including chicken on our pizza. Highly recommend them!!!