“Nice sports bar with great seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh
“Nice sports bar with great seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have eaten hear many times while traveling in the area. I it to be a great place to catch a game with a view of a tv's from almost every table. Service is typically fast and friendly. The surprise for me was the quality seafood!. Great scallops, Stuffes shrimpand crab cakes all delicious and very large protions. If you looking for a casual evening out or a place to catcha game this is a great choice.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Plainview, New York
“You Would Be Surprised - Sports Bar/Restaurant for Family and Frields”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

First, let me say that I go tot he Main Event with my wife once a week for dinner. We go for a few reasons.

We have never had an issue with the food ever. Everything has been great. You can start with the soups, salads and entrees and be happy. You can make changes and if it is not right, feel free to send it back. The Buffalo Chicken Mini Sliders are great, so is the Buffalo Chicken Pizza as appetizers.

The drinks are served cold and the beer mugs are chilled (especially the Blue Moon). They have microbrews and rotate specials for the month. They have a full service bar (as it is a sports bar) and they can make anything.

It is a sports bar. They have over 60 televisions and there is a view from every seat. They change television channels for you and work to keep everyone happy. During football of Sundays, March Madness, playoffs and Yankees/Mets games the place is usually real busy.

It is a great place to meet up, gather some friends and catch up or just relax with the latest game.

The managers have been excellent to me. I know Mike by being there so often and he always comes by and asks how we are, how the family is (my family goes there often as well) and I always ask him about his new child. Being friendly counts and the staff there has never been anything but great to us.

If you are looking somewhere quiet, there are many other places. But, if you want good food at a good price and good times, go to the Main Event.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A family place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Wow what a surprise. Right in the middle of Plainview. A fun p,ace especially for a sports fan with 44 TVs around the room. Very family riented. Big bar crowd. Food above average. Service pretty good too. Really great for families. They don't care if the kids make noise. A big plus!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“The name should be amature night.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Took my family to this restaurant for the second and last time last night. We were a party of 5 including 2 children 10 and 8 years old. The children ordered the burger with fries my wife ordered a chicken dish my cousin ordered a steak and I had a very late lunch and ordered a burger to go, very, very rare. I informed our server that if the rare burger was a problem I would order something else but I needed it very rare because I needed to heat it up in about 2 hours She told me there was no problen with my request. The 2 burgers for the children were ordered medium and they were on the well side. The chicken dinner was ok and the steak was overdone but my cousin decided he didn't want to send it back so he ate it. I blame myself for not taking a look at my burger until I arrived home which was about 30 minutes after receiving my burger because it too was very well done. I called the manager and explained my dilemma and his response was any meat will continue to cook if not eaten right away. My response was "That's why I requested a very, very rare burger which I have done many times, in restaurants, over the recent past and a rare burger won't cook beyond a certain point because it never get's hot to begin with." I told him I would bring the burger back because I ceratinly wasn't going to eat it and he responded what am I going to do with it? At that point I realized I was speaking to someone who could not care less so I ended the conversation and gave the well done burger to my dog.
F/Y/I I had a similar experience the last time I dined at this restaurant but my children talked me into a return trip. Never again especially when we have so many restaurants in our area where the chefs know how to prepare meat as ordered.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Syosset, New York
“Friendly staff and great pub food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The burger platter was one of the best I've had. Great fries!
Friendly wait staff. Went after work with colleagues and we had good service and weren't rushed. It's a lively place and huge bar with any drink you could think of.

Visited December 2012