“Good, but.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford

You added Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Pittsford - Victor Road, Pittsford, NY 14534 (Formerly The Brookwood Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Ski & Stay Package!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pittsford
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good, but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Excellent lobby, nice rooms up to the standards of a quality hotel but nothing fancy. Value a bit less than the competition in Victor since breakfast is not included (for the same price as the hotels down the street which include it).

I rated the service "poor" since nobody made up the room while my wife and I were gone (we did NOT have a do not disturb sign posted), though the front desk clerk was very good about handing me more towels and shampoo. I told her I expected an appropriate adjustment on the bill - but at checkout time, there was none (full price for crappy service). I did not push the issue as the bill was under the door and I was in a rush to get out.

I would stay here again, but would be more proactive in making sure the housekeeping staff didn't forget out room.

Room Tip: Many other reviews recommend avoiding basement (terrace in newspeak) rooms. Be sure to ask the fron...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nepean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I stopped here on our way from Ottawa to Pittsburgh on Thanksgiving. It is about 5 miles off of the I-90 and easy to get to. We arrived late (11:30 pm). Check-in was fast and efficient. Our room was T- something, so it was actually down a floor from the lobby, so it felt like a basement. We got the room off hotwire, so it was a great rate. If I come back, I would probably request a room on a higher floor. The room was nice, clean, and spacious. It was also very quiet, so we slept great! There was tea and coffee served in the lobby, but the breakfast was 10.95$ so we choose to eat elsewhere. There was only a stand up shower and no bath tub. The hotel is also close to a mall.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsford, NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff is terrific, location ideal, parking and restaurant/bar on premises makes for a great business stay. Breakfast choices and buffet make easy and quick in the event I need to get moving quickly. Conference room for business meetings, with restaurant service available is a big plus.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Canandaigua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I had opportunity to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn overnight and then have breakfast there. The entire stay, and especially a very delicious breakfast, was very enjoyable. My husband and I both agree that we would choose Hilton Garden Inn over the Woodcliff.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn for four nights over Thanksgiving while visiting family. The hotel is open and bright, nicely decorated and appointed from the lobby to the individual guest rooms. The employees were welcoming and helpful. Our guest room was clean, fresh, well maintained during our stay. The bed was most comfortable -- increasingly important to us in our travels. The only amenity we used was Internet access. We didn't take any meals at the hotel. Overall, we had quite a positive, comfortable experience. We'd recommend staying here to others.

Depew, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service was excellent everyone was very polite. The hotel was nice and clean. It was nice to have free coffee and tea in the lobby and sometime cookies if you timed it right. The rooms were larger than expected and the beds with down pillows were very comfortable. One odd thing to note, is that the way that the entrance door and the bathroom door are prevent you from being able to leave the room while leaving the bathroom door open (picture included). It doesn't sound like it should matter, but the heat doesn't reach the bathroom with the door closed. This odd design lead to the bathroom to always being cold when you return to the room. We like that the rooms all have a small microwave, a refrigerator and a Kurig coffee machine. We wish we'd have known and we would have brought some hot chocolate. We were staying with a group. The group had a party in one of the conference rooms and ordered pizza and wings from the hotel. The room was adequate, the wings were good, but the pizza was awful. It was in fact the worst pizza I've ever had and the kids declared it worse than school food. I would recommend staying here, but I would not recommend eating from the restaurant.

Potsdam, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Hotel is very welcoming with staff very helpful. The rooms are clean, and spacious. Hotel is located close to downtown and all university's. Easy access as directly off I-490 Exit 26 and Route 96.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford? Share your experiences!