“Wonderful meal at our favorite Middle Eastern restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Rochester, New York
1,516 reviews 1,516 reviews
“Wonderful meal at our favorite Middle Eastern restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Aladdins has always been one of our favorite Middle Eastern (Mediterranean/Greek?) restaurants in the area, and tonight was no exception. We got there early, so we were seated at a perfect outdoor table on the balcony overlooking the Erie Canal. It was wonderful!

For the appetizer, three of us had the gazpacho, which was overloaded with all kinds of fresh veggies, including cucumber, onion, pepper, and more. Yum!

For the main course, I had a simple chicken kabob wrap, which was more than enough for my appetite. It was really tasty, although the marinated chicken on my daughter's chicken salad plate looked even a little better. (Marinated, though, in oil that probably added calories, but who's counting?)

In addition to the very good meal, the service was (and always is) prompt and friendly. The only other negative point of the meal was that my daughter's eggplant (part of her salad) was grilled, but had very little flavor. Everything else, though, was wonderful.

We enjoyed our meals, and we will definitely be back for future visits.

Visited August 2013

Buffalo, New York
“nothing but wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I read a few awful reviews of this restaurant, so when 6 of my friends and I stopped in for dinner yesterday, I was hoping to be there on a good day. First of all, the service was exceptional, so I can nip that in the bud. Then, the food not only looked wonderful, it was fresh and prepared perfectly. The portions were huge, so it was a good thing we were hungry. We ordered soups, (the lentil was a particular favorite) and dinner entrees. I had the mixed grill, and there was plenty of grilled shrimp, chicken and beef, which came with either a greek salad or tabouleh, grilled pita and hummus. I opted for the tabouleh, and it was delicious. The restaurant is right on the Erie Canal, and has an upper and lower patio right on the water. The inside tables overlook the water, too. Next time I am in Pittsford, I will definitely return to Aladdins..

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Virginia
“Good Greek food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Delicious food! I’ve gone at least a dozen times and the food is always fresh and very tasty! So far I’ve had the chicklaki plate, gyro plate, moussaka, and the gyro pita. I just love their tzaziki sauce on everything! The service is always friendly. The atmosphere is great for families or a night out. The location is perfect (on the canal). Definitely go!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
upstate NY
“Great location, and they know it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

On the canal, very pleasant to sit and relax. Used to have good food at good Price and friendly service, over the years service took a dive and best menú choices have been removed. Still a pleasant place to go if you are not too picky about your gyro being cold, like just out of the freezer or your waiter showing she doesn{t care.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Insulted by server, will not go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I can't comment on the quality of the food or my experience because it was ruined by our waitress tonight. My family was visiting from out of town and we went to Aladdins for dinner. We were seated promptly and waited a few minutes for the server to arrive. This was no big deal and she asked for our dinner order. I told her that no one had taken our drink order yet, as this is the way most restaurants operate. She
responded by saying, I am your server I take your food and drink order, is this your first time in a restaurant? I was shocked, rendered speechless at her rudeness and condescending tone. Had I not been with, I would have left. We tried to enjoy our meal, but later heard the waitress berating a 12/13 year old bus boy next to our table. I will not return to Aladdins nor will I recommend it to people I know. This is a shame because I really looked forward to this dinner.

• Visited July 2013