“Great location; wonderful food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rochester Ny Area
“Great location; wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

small and intimate; great views of the Erie Canal. Great , huge menu-Mediterranian inspired dishes; entrees, salads, wraps; etc. Nothing bad...wines and great desserts, too. The best of the Aladdins' I think, due to the location...but they all serve the same menu(3 more sites in Rochester; one in Syracuse; one in Ithaca NY)..

Visited August 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Reasonably Priced, Very Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The food was rich and natural. However, I was slightly disappointed in my food. I got a cucumber soup. It tasted like sour cream and cucumbers in a bowl. Although rich, it was just too much sour cream stuff.

Nonetheless, despite that, everything else was great. The atmosphere was good, but a little small, the rest of the food was amazing and unique, and the service was great.

Also, the prices were very affordable!!

I will definitely go back if I am ever in Rochester again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Monroe, Michigan
“Fabulous, I Say!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Fabulous! Fabulous! Fabulous! And, did I say, “Fabulous!” This is obviously a popular restaurant that is located right on the Erie Canal and has indoor and outdoor seating areas. The food is extremely tasty but the most impressive part of our visit was the waitress. We visited in late August, the restaurant was packed with people and many were waiting to get seated, and despite all these factors she and the other servers were “phenomenal” and kind and caring and welcoming and friendly. The menu has a large selection and will serve varying appetites.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Great Location - Average Everything Else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We ate here for dinner on the recommendation of some local people from Rochester. The location is lovely. There are two large outdoor balconies overlooking the Erie Canal. We had a table on the lower balcony and enjoyed watching boats floating by and people strolling along the canal. A good location makes up for a multitude of sins.

The restaurant itself is looking a bit tired and in need of a heavy duty cleaning and a fresh coat of paint. Perhaps that can be chalked up to our attendance at the end of the very busy summer, so I give Aladdins the benefit of the doubt on that point.

I found the food to be just average. My meal sized Gyro salad was not much more than a plate of romaine lettuce with some bits of meat in it. I am convinced the Gyro was warmed up in the microwave as parts of it were very very tough. It contained very few other vegetables. There were several slices of tasteless, slightly pink, grocery store tomatoes. I found this puzzling as Aladdins touts itself as using farm fresh ingredients and we happen to be A) in the country and B) in the middle of tomato season. How hard is it to get fresh tomatoes in the first week of September? Not very. I did not send it back as we were a table of 5 and I did not want to insult my local guests who had recommended the restaurant, but it should have gone back. I did thoroughly enjoy the carrot cake that I had for desert. I understand it was not house made, but brought in from another bakery, "Cheezy Eddy's".

A note on the service; not very good. We were having before dinner drinks and enjoying conversation with our local guests. Apparently we were not ordering fast enough for the liking of our server, who eventually came over to the table, told us that she had to get up in the morning to go work her other job and she didn't have time to wait for us any longer. We arrived at the restaurant at 6:30 p.m. on a Thursday night and it could not have been later than 7:30 p.m. when we were "ordered" to order. Come on....

This really could be the best eatery in Pittsford. Some one just needs to try a bit harder on all fronts...except for the view.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
honeoye falls
“Great setting and fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I eat here about once a month. We love the location right on the canal. On a warm spring or summer evening It is so nice to sit outside on the deck. Even when it starts to get cooler outside they bring out the heaters so it is possible to eat out on the deck well into the Fall. The food is vary fresh and very tasty and the prices are so reasonable. My husband likes the pasta pesto while I stick the more traditional Greek selections. I am never unhappy here. The wine here is also priced very well. This is a very casual place to eat where the food is consistant and the srevice is always very friendly. Overall, I have to give this restaurant an excellent recommendatio.