“High Energy and Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Saint Louis, Missouri
“High Energy and Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We ate here with a large group as part of a wedding weekend. The food was delicious and the waitress was very attentive to a few dietary restrictions among our group. The drinks were also unique and very good. I wouldn't recommend it for a date because it's pretty noisy, but for a group it was a lot of fun!

Visited October 2012

Irvine, CA
“A great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I ate here with colleagues in October 2012 when visiting colleagues at the University of Rochester. The bar was lively and the restaurant quickly became so shortly after our arrival. The decor is comfortable and the atmosphere welcoming. I had duck spring rolls and gnocchi which were both splended. There was a large selection of wines by the glass, several of which were quite good. All in all, an excellent restaurant worth a visit.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“A very busy place - but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

On the recommendation of a friend we decided to try JoJo's. Being a Friday night I went online to make reservations which were readily available. The online reservation process was easy and user friendly.

We knew we were about to enter an extremely busy place because finding a parking spot seemed challenging. The parking lot is large but on a Friday night being so crowded is to be expected. Two circles around the lot and a sport opened up right near the building. Thank you parking angel.

We made reservations for 7:30 but arrived at 7:00. The hostess said she had our table ready and waiting would not be necessary. Our table was right outside the restrooms and I never sit near the restroom, the kitchen door or a main aisle. The server understood this and we told her since we were early we would be more than happy to wait for the 7:30 seating. She graciously understand.

We went to the bar which was packed with people, but the bartenders were right on the job and we ordered our drinks. Within moments our hostess said she had another table and it was a booth and would we like to see it. We accepted this and we were still twenty minutes ahead of our original reservation.

Now I've got to mention this place is loud. Very loud. The only saving grace was that we were sitting in a booth and could sit close together so that we could hear one another speaking. Our server was Brandon and he was right on the ball. We never had to wait for him and he always kept checking on us.

We opted to try the olives for appetizers and they were delicious. I was going to order the Brick Oven pizza, but the allure of the Beef Rib was too much. I'm glad I made this last minute change because the Beef Rib was excellent tasting. I only gave JoJo's a Very Good rating not so much because of the noise, but because my dinner was not as hot as I would have liked it. It was warm, but I like my food hot. My GF ordered the Salmon and she said it was delicious and hot. So perhaps my Beef Rib had to wait for the Salmon to be ready. Not sending my dinner back to the kitchen was my decision and so it would be unfair to be too critical about this. It was delicious.

Our overall experience was a favorable one. We would go back again to try some of the other items on the menu which seems equally appealing to us.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tumon, Mariana Islands
“Wow !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

really hip local gathering place with a great wine list. Fun wine bar to sit at and a lot of local professionals enjoying happy hour.

Visited November 2012
Pittsford, New York
“One of our favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We dine here once or twice a month and never have a bad meal. The raclette app is fantastic. I love the steak frites or the chicken breast dish. The staff is great and the venue cozy and inviting. A great place to dine.

• Visited November 2012