“Secret Hide-A-Way” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Boston
“Secret Hide-A-Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

WOW! It was a tough decision for Tom Wahl's is next door, and I was craving a hamburger with the wrorks, but my friend said "trust me!". What a treat! The BEST BLT I have EVER had, loaded with bacon, no skimping here. Friendly sports Pub, with great service and food, and cheap! A bit dark during the day, so put the sunglasses on before you leave. Great place for lunch for sure!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rochester NY
“The only good thing was the group we were with”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011 via mobile

Went to this place last night and honestly we don't leave the city much to eat but we were invited last minute. I found service to be very slow, the table next to us which sat long after, got their soup and dinner before we got our soup. The garlic tomato soup tasted like a vodka sauce, my spinach salad was small and depressed looking, the Ruben...which was recommended, looked like it belonged in the kiddy menu. I would never go back. If you are looking to eat in area, go to fruit and salad company and look at their menu... You will be pleasantly surprised!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Penfield NY
“Sports and Soup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've visited this restaurant two times in the last few months. Once with a friend for dinner which was very good. The location is in a small strip mall. It is mostly a sports bar with the bar taking up most of the restaurant. Tables at the front and on the sides worked okay for me. Another time on a cold and blustery day, I craved soup and dropped in. Being alone I opted for the bar. The soup was Turkey vegetable with pasta. Sounded good but it really was boring. Soup lovers beware. This was just a filler on the menu and did not aspire to be anything more. I love a good homemade soup, richly flavored and full of good things but this was not. A week broth with some celery and carrots and onions, a few hunks of deli turkey and some pasta. The bartender was gracious enough to say I did not have to pay for it since I did not like it. I would go again but ask more questions about the food, ingredients and preparation.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Worth The Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

We arrived at the Brookwood Inn in Pittsford late one night. The only spot open for food was the Basin Pub. What a break for us! It is a sports-style pub in a small mall across the street. In the middle is a large, rectangular bar, and around the sides are booths and some tables at the front. We sat in a booth and ordered one of the Signature Sandwiches, roast beef. You can choose some or all of the toppings and sauces available, and choose the type of bread. When the sandwiches came out, we couldn't believe our eyes. They were huge! The best part, though, is the taste. Slow-roasted beef, tender and pink inside, sliced thin. What a great meal, but bring a large appetite. It's worth the short drive off the highway just for the Basin Pub.

• Visited August 2011