“life is not about finding yourself, its about creating yourself..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jumpstart Weight Loss & Wellness

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Hill
Jumpstart Weight Loss & Wellness
You added Jumpstart Weight Loss & Wellness to your Saves list
Birch Creek Road, PO Box 517, Pine Hill, NY 12465 (Formerly Birchcreek Retreat)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Pine Hill B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sámara, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
“life is not about finding yourself, its about creating yourself..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I went to birchcreek to focus on making my body healthier. I was there for 2 weeks and I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere and ended up staying an extra week. I dropped 15 lbs while I was there and my weight is still coming off. I have 20 more lbs to go and I know I can do it and I want to personally thank them for the motivation and support for getting me back on track. If you are wanting to be healthier and get into shape this place is for you, but don't look at it as a fancy place to be, this place is nice to stay at. But you are not here for the accommodations you are here to work on your body and self. Plus costa rica is a beautiful place to be and see, no one needs to be indoors all day.:) if you decide to come here and are determined to create a new lifestyle then you will not regret it. It was the best choice I ever made when it came to making my body healthier.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

To completely focus on yourself is a luxury. When I decided make a positive life change I knew I would need guidance and support. That is exactly what I received and so much more. The location in Costa Rica is remote and absolutely lovely. Everyday I envied myself for the beautiful, lush, hypnotic scenery. I lost weight, learned how understand and how to control my negative eating habits. I tried something new (juicing)in a wonderful, positive, supportive environment. I learned with Ron how to control myself using and understanding my brain and my triggers. With Julie I have guidance, wisdom, strategies and support for my home life. The staff was helpful, efficient, fun-loving, patient, organized and just
wonderful . I had a positive experience and loved my stay at Jump Start Costa Rica.

• Stayed May 2013
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

birchcreek was just what i needed - beautiful grounds, beautiful weather, peaceful surroundings; helpful, friendly staff
nutritious and satisfying drinks
comfortable room
interesting nearby towns - history and architecture

i did not take much advantage of gym or spa opportunities except for one fabulous massage

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have made 5 separate trips to Birchcreet for a total of 33 days and have lost a total (and maintained) of 33 pounds. I am a 46 year old business owner and arrived at Birchcreek last September at a weight of 199 pounds. My goal to lose 40 pounds will be achieved at the end of my next stay in two weeks. My movivation - my doctor said I needed to lose weight or die young and when I saw myself in pictures I did not like what I saw. The facility is a beautiful country house in the fantastic Catskill Mountains. The diet of Juice is tasty, no steak dinner, but that is not how one losses weight. The staff are ready to assist guests in any way possible and when a guest needs an accomadation the staff does so upon request. One of the best surprises was the other guests - since guests come and go I have probably met over 50 different people in stays - as a group - nice, interesting and easy to get along with from a variety of backgrounds. If someone wants to lose weight in an enjoyable atmosphere surrounded by trained staff with others who are trying to do the same - Birchcreek is the place for you!

Room Tip: Room 10 has a soaking tub - very nice after a day of working out
St. Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I just came back from a 6 night stay at Birchcreek Costa Rica; and I am already planning for my next stay. This time it will be for longer.

The staff (massage therapist, yoga instructor, fitness trainer) as well as Ron and Julie and their support staff are all wonderful. Everyone is very friendly and attentive.

The manicured grounds are hillside, with a great view of the coast (the ocean is a short walk down the hill). Listening to the Howler monkeys was an interesting and new experience. The rooms are all poolside, very clean and large, with daily maid service. Internet speed was fast. The pool was a great gathering spot for everyone to share that day's adventures.

I lost 7 pounds which was remarkably easy. There is as much (or as little) to do as you feel like doing. It is really up to you. (I had to work for a few hours a day over the internet, so I needed some flexibility in my schedule). Ron is a great "coach" and will go over all of the activity options. My suggestion is to do as much as you can... Yoga, exercise and Ron's nutritional seminars are really good. I had a private massage which was delightful. The juices are delicious; and I was surprised that I was not hungry.

I also took a few side trips which were really enjoyable (horseback riding, zip-line, river tubing). These were arranged by the Birchcreek staff.

I am looking forward to my next visit, hopefully in July.
MORE FRESH JUICE !!!

Room Tip: All six of the private suites are similar in view and size. The are all very pleasant.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I visited Birchcreek Costa Rica in February 2013 for 21 days. If I could I would go for another 21. I lost 28.4 pounds and more importantly, I have lost 10.5 more since I have been home. The program was outstanding. I am off my blood pressure medications, my cholesterol is back where it should be and I have been motivated to stay on track. This has never happened to me before. I give all the credit to the wonderful and caring staff at Birchcreek. The intellectual information especially appealed to me and has stimulated interest in a healthier lifestyle. If you are looking for results, I highly recommend. Note: I loved Costa Rica as well!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mccalla AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you are looking for a life-changing, challenging, educational place this is it. I stayed for 28 days and loved it!!! The staff is awesome and more than accommodating to your every need. I found it to be exactly what I was looking for. It is in a beautiful location, the rooms are nice and comfortable, and the program is exactly what I needed. If you are looking for a luxury resort and want to be pampered like a princess I suggest you go elsewhere. If you are looking for this to make a huge impact on your life, great fitness, and awesome juicing with the luxuries that you NEED this is the place for you. It is quite, relaxing, beautiful and all the education that Ron and Julie give is great information for you to change your lives if you so choose to do so. I have read some of the other reviews and do not agree with the negativity of some. Every person that I encountered in 1 month, lost weight, felt great and if they were not happy it was of their own choosing. The hill is a little rough, and the retreat is not the Ritz Carlton, but you have to ask yourself, "Why am I coming here" for a vacation or a life change. I choose a life change, me and my friend that came with me had a saying that we created and it was more than the correct statement " Deprived but Content". Birchcreek was awesome and it changed both of our lives for the better, so If this is what you are looking for then by all means please attend you will not regret it. If your a princess, a cry baby, or just unhappy with life in general I would suggest not wasting your time or theirs and go to the fufu spa somewhere that they could really care less about YOU, they just care about your money!!! Thanks Birchcreek I will always be a fan!!!!!! ....A Happy Client

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Jumpstart Weight Loss & Wellness? Share your experiences!