“It's all true!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan
Enfield, Connecticut
“It's all true!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We were headed for Pine Bush for a wine tasting and checked out Trip Advisor for lunch recommendations. After seeing all the raves about Pure City we decided to try it. We concur on the raves! Everything looked wonderful but we restrained ourselves and just ordered the appetizer sampler dish. Everything was tasty. The golden chips are unique and our favorites. If you choose only one appetizer get that, but I recommend the sampler. We were so full from that that we never ordered entrees. It's 2 1/2 hours from home, but we're trying to figure out how to get back and order a full meal. If you're in the area, go there!

Visited August 2014

Wallkill, New York
“Great food in an unexpected place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I've eaten here many times even though I'm not a vegetarian. This time I ordered Golden Treasure Mountain, an amazing mushroom dish with sweet potato and slivered almonds in a brown sauce. I could easily become a vegetarian if all my meals came from this wonderful restaurant. Each time I went, an epicurean delight awaited me.

While Pure City does have vegan offerings it is not a strictly vegan restaurant. Also, it is a small and cozy place and there may be certain times be prepared to wait - and it IS worth the wait if you get there at those times. The staff is very friendly and it feels like you are eating with family.

If there was a category better than excellent, I would have given it. Also, Pine Bush is well known for alien abductions and I wonder about Pure City. After all, their food is out of this world.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Great Vegetarian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I just found out about this restaurant even though I have lived in the area for over ten years. I was very surprised to learn that there was a vegetarian restaurant in Pine Bush, of all places! Well I visited for the first time, and what I ordered was delicious!

The food is mostly Asian style. The menu has so many choices. I ordered takeout but they do have a small amount of seating, if you are looking for a sit down meal. I tried the pure city platter which consisted of barbecue veggie ribs, sliced golden chips, golden roll, sesame veggie slices, bai-ye tofu slices and a spring roll. It's like a sampler of what they have to offer and everything was very tasty. I also ordered the ginger veggie nuggets. This dish features veggie strips and string beans with a yummy brown sauce. The flavor was spectacular.

I definitely plan to visit this restaurant and try some of their other dishes. I recommend this restaurant not only to vegans and vegetarians but everyone who enjoys Asian style food because the food is truly delicious!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wanaque
“A vegetarian find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I went to an auction in Pine Bush , adn wanted to get quick bite afterward. Pure City is right on Main Street. Small - but cozy and nicely decorated. We were really surprised to find a vegetarian restaurant out here, and with such an extensive menu ! Everything looked good - I had a spicy eggplant casserole,my husband had sizzling bean curd with veggies. Both were yummy - served with brown rice. Service was good , we left happy and satisfied.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montgomery, New York
“Delicious Vegetarian and Vegan Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is a one of a kind. It features all vegetarian and vegan cuisine with an Asian flare. There is so much variety on the menu, and if you are unfamiliar with the dishes they have a binder full of pictures that correspond to the menu items so you can see what they look like before you order, so ask to see the binder if you can't decide. This is a family run place, with a friendly young man who appears to be the owners son often doing his homework at the counter in between assisting with take-out orders. It is a small restaurant with good service and great...no, AMAZING food. As those of you who are vegetarians (and especially vegans) know how hard it can be to go out and eat, wondering if you will find anything good on the menu you can eat or wondering if they can accommodate you...you do not have to worry at this place. I have been here several times, mostly with my mother who is vegan and was a chef, and we have never been disappointed. They have really special and different items on the menu, like "golden chips", this is an appetizer made from strips of seaweed covered in tofu skim and covered with sesame seeds and fried golden brown and crispy. I can't remember the name of the egg rolls we had, but they were so light and fresh tasting. Portions are generous, and served with brown rice on most dishes. Haven't had room for the dessert yet. This is one of my favorite places. If you are a vegetarian or a vegan, you can't miss it! They are right on Main Street in Pine Bush, and I have never needed reservations. You can parallel park on Main Street, or you can park in the lot around the corner behind the restaurant. Prices are very reasonable for what you get. Food is consistently delicious.

• Visited November 2012