“Decent place to Crash” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shamrock Motel and Cabins

Shamrock Motel and Cabins
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Peru
Shamrock Motel and Cabins
Save Saved
You added Shamrock Motel and Cabins to your Saves list
2445 Rt. 9, Peru, NY   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Peru
Syracuse, New York
“Decent place to Crash”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you are looking for a fancy place with amenities this place is probably not for you. My wife and I needed a place to stay just for a night and it fit the bill perfectly. The price was very reasonable, and the manager/owner was very nice. She gave us tips on places to see during our short stay. We chose a cabin and it was what you might expect from a roadside motel, nothing fancy. The room did have a slight musty smell but we ran the window mounted fan and ceiling fan and it went away. I would probably stay there again for a day or two the next time we are in town. If I was traveling with younger kids who wanted a pool and activities I would probably spend more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family of four stayed for 1 night on August 16th. The place was SPOTLESS and comfortable. I was worried about staying in a motel because I've had bad experiences (someone else in our group had found it). This place exceeded my expectations and the price was great. We had adjoining rooms (10 & 11) and there was a small kitchenette in one of them. My kids loved the place and we plan to go next summer and stay longer. It was close to Ausable Chasms - which was a great place too! It was quiet at night and we all slept well. Overall a great experience. A real find:)

Room Tip: If going with a family ask for the adjoining rooms with kitchenette. The price cannot be beat and h...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Been going there since 2005. This is a clean, well-run, and nicely manicured motel with rooms to fit all needs and budgets. Janice is so kind and goes out of her way to accommodate everyone with just the right room(s) for their needs. From solo cabins to individual, air-conditioned rooms to suites with kitchenettes, you'll find a super-clean and quiet place to rest that is set back from the road. Even though she'll try to find a way to fit you in, try to reserve early. Those who have stayed there will go back again and again -- like me!

Room Tip: Cabins are cozy and extra quiet. My favorites are the ones on the south side with a/c, fans, and fur...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Not exactly what I expected but it was worth it for the price and it was not too far away from 87. My wife and i did not like the bed and the sheets were very cheap. It was cold that night and the tiny heater was not able to work. Wish it had an A/C and coffee pot. CARPET LEFT MY FEET BLACK. There are more hotels down the road that look similar but look around because I didn't even have time. The women that owns it is nice enough. Not sure if it was just that room. Creepy hotel like the bates. Please do your due diligence on this one.

• Stayed July 2014
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went up to the Adirondacks for a long wknd to visit with family and friends. It turned out to be a fishing contest and there were no rooms available anywhere. After hearing our plight, Janice made sure she found a nice small cabin for us. It was clean and comfortable. Janice is a gem. We will definitely go back to the Shamrock next year.

Stayed July 2014
Dayton, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Convenient to family in Port Kent for a Father's Day gathering.
Quiet - road noise ended about 9:00 PM,
Clean and comfortable.
Close to family restaurants and ice cream shop.
We have stayed both in cabin and motel, and will be back again.
Janice is the best!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
North Brookfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My family had a family reunion at my daughter's farm in Keeseville last summer,and Janice stood on her head-with great success- to make everyone from 2-72 years happy. I've stayed here many times in the last 2 years, solo, with friends, and with my family, and everyone has been pleased. The rooms are varied—and all nice. There are the cozy cabins, as well as more modern rooms, some with kitchenettes, some that can be made to be adjoining rooms. They are all very well maintained and clean. It is a classic Adirondack motel, maintained really well while keeping the original feeling.
Janice is incredible—she just always bends over backwards to make everyone comfortable—I came in one evening soaking wet from a downpour, and she told me to give her my jeans so that she could dry them for me!
hile Thank you from all of us!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Shamrock Motel and Cabins? Share your experiences!