“Best Chicken French” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Penn Yan, New York
“Best Chicken French”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love that dish at this restaurant. The flavor is wonderful and they serve a couple of artichoke French pieces with the chicken. We were there last Sunday night and as my mouth watered for this dish we made a point of going there. I have also been to this restaurant recently for lunch and it was delicious. We always park in the back off of Seneca St. It's a hidden gem.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Glen Rock, New Jersey
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very friendly welcome led to tasting a couple of beers when we were undecided. Excellent service that way. When the waitress read the specials she said 8 bucks for what I eventually ordered. It appeared as 15 bucks on the bill. I asked if there was a mistake. I was told that 15 was it. I did not protest. My wife's ahi tuna salad was less than pleasing. Sorry about the sour review of what seems to be a wonderful experience for so many others, but this was OUR experience.

Visited July 2013
Rochester, New York
“What A Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We happened by the Liberty last night. It was recommended by friends of our who live nearby. They told us it was casual. It certainly was but very comfortable at the same time.

We were impressed by a number of things.

First, service was impeccable. Help was at our table when we needed it but at the same time nobody was hanging around waiting to pounce. They just paid attention and came by when it was obvious we needed something.

Second the food was terrific. Everything we had was very tasty. I do wish there was another beef choice on the menu however.

Third, prices were very reasonable.

I know we will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews decided to go to this hole in the wall. The place was packed. We had to wait about 20 minutes but omg 14 oz ribeye with mushrooms bake potato for $20.00 well worth it. Cooked perfectly.

Visited July 2013
Penn Yan
“Great meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I stopped in to try dinner since we heard great things about it. It was a Saturday night and it was awesome. I had prime rib and she had chicken French, The service was wonderful and there was too much food! We met the owner Sue and we talked to Crissy our waitress. They were so nice and made us feel right at home. I would highly recommend this home style type restaurant.

Gary